Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3000 dropping connection

Hglinski
Aspirant

C3000 dropping connection

I have have had 8 wireless devices connected to my c3000 wireless router modem without problem. Added two more, occaisionally disconnect from internet . is there a limit? Is there a solution to connect all my devices?
Message 1 of 20
Hglinski
Aspirant

Message 2 of 20
Trikein
Luminary

What is the exact model number? Do you mean the CG3000-1STAUS? CG3000-RG? CG3000Dv2?

Message 3 of 20

@Hglinski wrote:
 is there a limit?

How many clients can you connect wirelessly to a NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

NETGEAR home routers can accommodate up to 32 clients per wireless band.

Message 4 of 20
HanabiraAsashi
Aspirant

I have the C6300BD and for the last week or so, my router has been randomly rebooting once every few hours.

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 5 of 20
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello HanabiraAsahi

Are you able to log into the modem and see what is happening in the logs when it keeps rebooting.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 20
HanabiraAsashi
Aspirant

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out

I called my ISP and they said I wasnt getting a good signal, so they refreshed it.. it happened 2 minutes later, and apparently again an hour later.

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 7 of 20
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello HanabiraAsashi

If you are getting alot of T3 and T4 timeouts then its a line issue I would have you ISP send out a Tech to check your cable lines.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 20
Trikein
Luminary

T4 are usually caused by low downstream(DS) signal to noise ratio(SNR) problems. It should be above 34-36 depending on modulation. Post your signal levels for deeper review. For instance, ff your DS SNR is above 36 on all channels, then the T4 show a problem at the ISP headend, AKA a service outage of some type. Or if your DS SNR is low but your DS power level is high, then it suggest some kind of noise or ingress on the line, and I would check for a bad splitter. 

Message 9 of 20
HanabiraAsashi
Aspirant

I dont know where to find that info, but the tech on the phone said my signal strength was really good.   Could it be a bad coaxial?

edit: found it, 38.2 down,  with about 7 power

Message 10 of 20
Trikein
Luminary

So far, that sounds pretty good. But could you post all the signal levels, everything from "Downstream Channels" and down? As per 86-87 of manual.

To view the status of the cable data gateway initialization:
1. On your computer, launch an Internet browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft
Internet Explorer.
2. In the address field of your browser, enter http://routerlogin.net.
You are prompted to enter a user name and password.
3. Type admin for the user name and type your password.
If you did not yet personalize your password, type password for the password.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
5. Select Cable Connection.
The Cable Connection screen displays..

Signal levels

Message 11 of 20
HanabiraAsashi
Aspirant

router2.PNG

Message 12 of 20
Trikein
Luminary

Links/pictures you posted don't seem to work. Tried multiple browsers. Can you copy/paste instead? I only included a screenshot to give you a idea of what you were looking for.

Message 13 of 20
HanabiraAsashi
Aspirant

Sorry about that.

<tabindex=-1>Downstream Bonded Channels
ChannelLock StatusModulationChannel IDFrequencyPowerSNR
1LockedQAM25626795000000 Hz-7.3 dBmV38.2 dB
2LockedQAM25625789000000 Hz-7.4 dBmV38.2 dB
3LockedQAM25627801000000 Hz-6.9 dBmV38.2 dB
4LockedQAM25628807000000 Hz-7.0 dBmV38.2 dB
5LockedQAM25633837000000 Hz-6.9 dBmV38.6 dB
6LockedQAM25634843000000 Hz-6.8 dBmV38.2 dB
7LockedQAM25635849000000 Hz-7.1 dBmV38.6 dB
8LockedQAM25636855000000 Hz-7.1 dBmV38.6 dB

<tabindex=-1>Upstream Bonded Channels
ChannelLock StatusUS Channel TypeChannel IDSymbol RateFrequencyPower
1LockedATDMA35120 Ksym/sec32200000 Hz44.8 dBmV
2LockedATDMA15120 Ksym/sec19000000 Hz43.8 dBmV
3LockedATDMA25120 Ksym/sec25600000 Hz45.8 dBmV
4LockedATDMA42560 Ksym/sec37200000 Hz45.8 dBmV
Message 14 of 20
Trikein
Luminary

I am just giving my amauter opinion, but that doesn't look like a inside wiring problem. DS power level is a tiny bit low, but DS SNR is strong and all the DS power levels are within 1dB of each other. That makes me think its something going on between you and the ISP Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) and your modem. Do the T4 errors time up with the reboot? Do you happen to live in a very congested area like a city or near a college? At this point, I would agree with the moderator that a technician is required. I would suggest requesting one that has a cable signal meter that they can hook up to the line to see if they isolate it. If you know anyone in the area, you might want to ask them if they are also having problems. 

Message 15 of 20
HanabiraAsashi
Aspirant

Thanks for all the help. I have someone coming out tomorrow to take a look. The t4 happens at the exact time of the reboots, there are some t3s in the logs too.
Message 16 of 20
Trikein
Luminary

My gut is telling me it's related to congestion then. Hopefully I am wrong and the technician will be able to find a easy answer, but this feels like the type of problem a ISP would try to brush off without fully fixing, so keeps your eyes open when the tech gets there. If they say it's a maintance problem, try to get the ticket number. Squeeky wheel gets the greese. Good luck!

Message 17 of 20
anomally
Aspirant

I have been having huge issues with this cable modem/router.  It kept dropping, connections and hanging.  After looking at the logs, I saw a bunch of DDos attacks.  My not yet confirmed theory is, there is an iOS bug out there because after monitoring for awhile, I noticed that the router "assigned" external ip addresses instead of the intenal, why netgears firmware would allow this is beyond me.  The issues occured when me or my daughters used our iphone on wifi.  After wiping iphones problems were still there, so my theory is that there are 2 things going on here, iOS bug and router firmare bug.

What I did was, I went and bought an Asus RT-AC1900P router (it has security features by trend micro), I disabled the router function on the c3000 and use it as just a modem and connected the asus and used it for wifi router.   After doing this, WOW, what a difference, before when streaming anything it would take awhile to load, now its almost instant!  I am currenlty usng sling tv on a trial basis, but was going to cancle because of the slowness, now with the asus, the menu loads in an instant and the live streams starts in seconds!!  Here is the kicker, I had my tv wired to the c3000 befroe and it was still slow! Not sure if this helps any , hopefully you tried the good ol reboot router and computer.    Not that it matters to me now but netgear should definately upgrade thier firmware for this modem/router.  

Message 18 of 20
HanabiraAsashi
Aspirant

So right before this started happening, my gf and I were playing ark together on 2 ps4s. Apparently that game is so intense that 2 of them running at the same time fried the processor (or at least the paste). They replaced the modem under warranty and I blew it out again in less than 3 hours. Got a 3rd on, but I also bought a nighthawk. Been fine ever since. How did you turn off your router features? I started by disabling the wifi radios but then I turned nat mode off.. not sure if I did it right.
Message 19 of 20
anomally
Aspirant

Advanced > Administration > Router Mode > No
Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements