Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700-100NAS Cannot access specific websites from LAN. Wifi works?

chosos
Aspirant

C3700-100NAS Cannot access specific websites from LAN. Wifi works?

I have an odd issue. I bought a new laptop and am not able to access certain websites via LAN. They work fine plugged in with the old laptop and they work fine on any device over WIFI. 

C3700-100NAS

Laptop is an MSI GT75VR and has a CLEAN install of Windows 10. 

The sites being blocked are - Netgear, Chase, Craigslist, and others. 

I am able to install a VPN like Windscribe and can view the websites perfectly fine. There is nothing in the Hosts file or anywhere else on the PC that I am able to find that would block these sites. It happens from Chrome, IE, Edge, etc. 

Ive tried resetting the router. The problem is linked to this 1 brand new PC and this PC works fine everywhere else, even plugged in via LAN.

This is hugely annoying and I'm open to ideas. 

Message 1 of 2
chosos
Aspirant

Re: C3700-100NAS Cannot access specific websites from LAN. Wifi works?

I tried contacting my ISP to get the router firmware updated and they claim they do not have an update available for this device. I am running on Firmware Version V1.01.11

The issue only impacts this 1 device and it is only while plugged in to the LAN. The same device also works perfectly plugged into other LAN's and other devices work perfectly when plugged into the same problematic LAN connection. It almost feels like some type of proxy or DNS type issue, but I've checked the proxy settings, tried various DNS servers, etc. Nothing fixes the issue.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7