Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3700-100NAS problems after V2.02.06 firmware upgrade

dshapovalov
Aspirant

C3700-100NAS problems after V2.02.06 firmware upgrade

Bought C3700-100NAS few months ago, and it was working perfectly until few weeks ago. Now whenever I have high upload traffic on WiFi (uploading a large file for example or doing backup), WiFi radio gets frozen. It kills 5 GHz radio in a dozen of seconds and 2.4 GHz radio within a couple of minutes. After this I have to reboot the modem to get it working again. Seems to coincide with Comcast pushing new firmware V2.02.06 to the modem, nothing else has changed on the network. I have no option to rollback to V1 firmware and it becomes very annoying to the verge of throwing modem away and buying (non Netgear) modem that would work. Please, fix your firmware. Thank you.

Message 1 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello dshapovalov

We are looking into this issue if you could provide a little more detail from these questions that would be great

Can you please provide the ‘backup config’ file and the models of the wifi clients that cause the problem? (I will pm you a email to send the Backup file)

will any wifi device cause the issue or only a few?

what type file upload service you used (e.g FTP, dropbox, etc)?

Hope to hear your feedback

DarrenM

Message 2 of 13
dshapovalov
Aspirant

Darren, I've send backup config to the e-mail provided. 

I only had issues on one device, others have no need to upload large files or do backups, so can't say about those. 

The device is laptop Lenovo X250 with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 adapter.

I'm just copying large files (few GBs) or doing daily backup (also usually few GBs) from the laptop over WiFi to another computer on the network, which is connected to the modem through the network cable. It kills 5 GHz radio within a minute, 2.4 GHz and Ethernet interface keeps working. If I switch to 2.4 GHz radio and repeat the operation it kills it too, though on 2.4 GHz it takes longer, usually a few minutes. Once radio is down, no devices can connect to WiFi on this frequency until modem is rebooted. It happens sporadically, sometimes it works fine for a few days, sometimes it happens on every backup or file upload. Only started 2-3 weeks ago, before I had no issues like this for months since I bought the modem. Nothin changed on the laptop, wireless adapter drivers are 3 months old.

Hope this helps, please, let me know if I can provide any more information.

Message 3 of 13
Maru83
Aspirant

Do we know when this FW was released? 

I am seeing major wifi performance degredation for about a week now. I was advised by netgear to basically buy some support (as modem is 100 days old) so they wont even touch it. 

I have already contacted comcast too, not seeing any issue directly conncted. What I also noticed is that when my modem boots up - it is online then the DS&US flash for approx 1 min then return solid (normally the lights would cycle if there was a successful update?) 

When I turn the router of the modem off, the lights flash the same but then cycle to indicate completion?

I have also factory rest the modem several times (push button reset) still seeining issues even with out of the box settings. 

I am tempted to go and buy a tp-link router or something to see if it works (leaving c3700 with router mode off)

Message 4 of 13
shirodkar
Aspirant

I have been using my C3700-100NAS since a year and never had issues. However, couple of days ago Wi-Fi stopped working. The 2.4GHz and 5GHz LEDs are not lit and I am not also able to enable Wireless Gateway Radio from the Router UI. Pressing the Wi-Fi On/Off button on the router also doesn't help (Wi-Fi LED is also not lit). I haven't changed anything for the router. Probably a firmware upgrade from Comcast broke it. The firmware version is - V2.02.06.
Message 5 of 13
Ham143
Aspirant

I am having an issue with the C3700 after the V2.02.06 up grade also. Fortunately, my internet connection continues to work but the the power, 2.4 Mhz and 5 Mhz led's flash constantly. On line reading suggests that this may indicate a problem with firmware. I spoke to Comcast and they mostly wanted to sell me a service upgrade and rent me a modem. If anybody has some insight to this it would be appreciated.

Message 6 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ham143

The LED blinking means traffic is passing the interface (2.4G or 5G). The old firmware is also blinking but in a higher frequency so it is not obvious to see. The new firmware lower the frequency so it is now obvious. This is not an indication of error.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 13
BryanDees
Aspirant

How do I revert to the previous version? VPN passthrough isn't working, meaning I can't login to the office, and I've tried the work around on my MAC. Performance is terrible too.  

Message 8 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

BryanDees

unfortunately you cant manually revert the firmware this is pushed out by the isp.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 13
orishu
Tutor

DarrenM, are you trying to get help from NetGear engineers? is there any special diagnostics mode I can set my router on to help with tracking the problem? I'm extremely frustrated with this issue.

Message 10 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

orishu

Yes I have been working with them on the issue but they werent able to replicate the issue so any more data is helpful. I havent heard of a diagnostics mode that you could put it in to find out more on the issue.

DarrenM

Message 11 of 13
Rrrrrrr
Aspirant

This is my exact problem too. I need to reboot the router several times every day. It is very frustrating - will not purchase netgear product again.

Message 12 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Rrrrrr

Is your isp TWC and what type of issues are you having?

DarrenM

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7