Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700 - 1st Ethernet Port Doesn't Function

Markkoz
Aspirant

C3700 - 1st Ethernet Port Doesn't Function

It suddenly stopped working after I forcefully shut down my computer. The computer detects that a cable is connected, but I get the "No connection available" yellow triangle with an exclamation in Windows. I tried different cables, and it didn't help. As soon as I connected to the second ethernet port instead (through a 5-port switch), everything worked fine. If I connected the switch or any of the 5 devices directly to the first port, they would also not recieve a signal. I can say without a doubt that the port on the router is broken or somehow got disabled (though I didn't find any settings to enable or disable it.)

Is it something I can fix myself? If not, does Netgear replace units?

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C3700 - 1st Ethernet Port Doesn't Function

Hello Markkoz

You could try to factory reset the device to see if that resolves the issue but you will have yo set up your router again. and if it is just broke and still under warranty then you will have to contact Netgear support.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Markkoz
Aspirant

Re: C3700 - 1st Ethernet Port Doesn't Function

Of course I had tried restarting the modem when I made the original post and it didn't help. However, I restarted the modem after a few weeks and it fixed itself. The port now works again!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7