Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700 Deafult ReadyShare Password Not Working

dbrits
Initiate

C3700 Deafult ReadyShare Password Not Working

I'm trying to utilize my brand new C3700's ReadyShare feature for a very basic NAS. My goal is to implement password protection on the network folder, but when I do so, I cannot access the files using the default credentials.

If there's no password protection on the network folder, it works great on both my MacBook Pro as well as a desktop running Windows 7. I can access the files via HTTP, FTP, and Network Neighborhood/MacShare on OS X (10.10.5) and Windows 7 without any problems. However, when I'm prompted for a user name and password after I've enabled password protection, and I provide the default credentials (user name: admin; password: password), the credentials aren't accepted.

The attached hard drive is a Seagate Backup+ for Mac 500 GB. To eliminate the hard drive as the issue, I replaced the hard drive with a Kingston Digital 16 GB DataTraveler flash drive. I was able to replicate the issue exactly - access to the files on OS X and Windows 7 with no password protection enabled, but NO access with the default credentials after enabling password protection.

Router: C3700 (and yes, it's registered)

Firmware Version: V2.02.08

Any help would be appreciated. I've searched the forums about password issues with ReadyShare, and there appear to be an abundant amount of posts on the topic with no helpful answers. This is extraordinarily frustrating. 😕

Thanks.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C3700 Deafult ReadyShare Password Not Working

Hello dbrits 

From this article I linked it uses the login the same as your routers so of you have changed your routers login password you will want to use that when it asks for that info in ready share or try to change your routers login password and then try that on readyshare.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20129?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
ruijay
Aspirant

Hello there,

I have exactly the same issue. I just bought this router= C3700. I changed the admin password and everything works fine, except my NAS. I can access my hard drive with no issue when I set up access to ALL. But when I change the access to only admin, I get an error (wrong username and password).. I tried changing the admin password to a short, long, more complicated passwords and still no luck. Not sure if this is an issue with the router or it is something with the password I have set up.

Message 3 of 5
dbrits
Initiate

ruijay, I was able to resolve the issue by doing a factory reset. The first thing I did after the reset was setup the password for ReadyShare and everything worked fine.

That being said, before the reset, I saved my router's configuration because I have numerous MAC addresses in the Setup Access list and there's no easy way to export the addresses. I restored my settings after I confirmed that the factory reset solved the password issue because I didn't feel like typing in the MAC addresses again. Alas, the password issue popped up after restoring my settings. One of these days when I have the time I'll do a factory reset and input all the MAC addresses so I can utilize ReadyShare's password feature.
Message 4 of 5
ruijay
Aspirant

Thank you dbrits for responding.

So right after I did factory reset, I set up my NAS with admin access and made sure it worked with the default user/password. After that I went ahead and change the router password and set my wireless, access list etc...

I hope others who have/will have this usse can find your post

Thanks,

ruijay

C3700

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7