Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700 How do I test this modem/router? Is there a replacement for Genie?

ejbpesca
Aspirant

C3700 How do I test this modem/router? Is there a replacement for Genie?

I am having internet speed/connection issues with all devices on my Netgear C3700 modem/router.  My ISP will be here tomorrow to check my connection.  An ISP technician truouble getting my modem to respond, but that could be outside line/box issues.  How can I test the C3700?  An online speed test shows less than 1 mbps instead of the usual 80 mbps.  It looks like Netgear Genie no longer exists and my copy was lost due to a total redo of my SSDD.  Is there any diagnostic app or another way to test the perfmormance of a Netgear modem/router?  I am wondering if this C3700 is an older device, not supported, and needs replacing due to age.

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: C3700 How do I test this modem/router? Is there a replacement for Genie?

If you log into it through the browser, you can view the cable connections page and the event log. 

Take a screen snip of them and post them back on here. We can take quick check of the line to let you know if there's issues. 

Message 2 of 6
ejbpesca
Aspirant

I logged into the router/modem C3700.  That brought me to a Netgear Genie page.  I am not seeing an event log though.  Is there another name for event log?

Message 3 of 6
ejbpesca
Aspirant

Found Event Log.  Says Warning (5) and gives mac addresses over and over.

I see Genie is not gone, but it is no longer a Windows App.

Could you write what specifically to look for in the event log that will show if the router/modem is doing well?

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

When you first log in through the browser you click on the internet icon on the main page. 

Message 5 of 6
ejbpesca
Aspirant

Got the data from Netgear Genie, posted it here, and now its gone.  I went ahead and bought a new router/modem since this one is six years old.  Medicom tech is coming today to check out coax signal from utility pole.  Funny, it got up to 25 mbps then dropped back to 1.5.  It is supposed to be more like 75+.  I think my modem/router is working fine.  It is some issue at the junction box up the utility pole, as usual.  After over 20 years, this will be the 15th service call due to this cable signal going out.  I thought we would all be on 5G cell signals by now...no cable, dsl, fiber, nor satellite.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7