Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3700 Repeatedly Assigning IP

C37
Aspirant
Aspirant

C3700 Repeatedly Assigning IP

I've noticed this recently. I have another post up with some questions and other weird things, but now I've noticed this.

The device is my phone. I have an Echo Show that runs right beside my phone at night playing sleep sounds. I've started to notice it go out almost every night. Sometimes it's just for a few seconds. This is consistent with times that I've noticed my phone or tv would just randomly drop connection for a few seconds then reconnect. Other times it will stay disconnected for longer. Edit: I've resorted to playing sleep sounds from my phone to the Show with Bluetooth when this happens. I wonder if interference could be an issue, though I've never had the issue before, and I've used Bluetooth often.

This morning I noticed the IP assignment had gotten way worse. I've recently factory reset. I don't think it's an Internet issue. Any ideas? Also, if this is the router just dying, my other question is would it be okay to put it in bridge and add another router, or would these signs point to issues with modern functionality?
Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried setting a IP address reservation ON the modem for these devices? 

Message 2 of 5
C37
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, but I just set one for my phone to see if it helps.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes. 

Message 4 of 5
C37
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't notice an interruption last night. However, they returned this evening. Just within the past hour or two I've noticed my phone lose connection and reconnect about 6 times. I have since reserved an address for every device on my network, only about 7, and it doesn't seem to have had any sort of positive effect.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7