Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700 Want to totally disable Readyshare

Homyakchik
Aspirant

C3700 Want to totally disable Readyshare

Howdy all

Recently purchased the C3700 to replace the rental I'd been paying Comcast for. After some initial hiccups (all at Comcast's end), it's up and running and seems to be doing nicely. Little learning curve setting up access control and DHCP after my last router (a Linksys of some make and model), but it all works.

(Although I'll say right now that having the modem's password displayed in large, friendly letters on an attention-getting billboard when you hit the first page of the modem's internals is more than a little retarded. Now I have to make sure I'm the only one in the room if I need to even log onto the modem to look at something.)

The modem comes with a feature called Readyshare, presumably if I want to hook up a USB stick or device. I DON'T. I prefer network shares to shares hanging off the modem. I'd like to disable it, but the only radio button on the Readyshare page is Enabled and I can't un-check that.

How do I disable Readyshare? Don't need it, don't want it, and it's just an extra space-eating entry in the network location list.

Did google this. Found nothing. Hoping there's an answer here that's simply not anywhere to be found in the modem's setup pages.

Thanks!

Davey

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: C3700 Want to totally disable Readyshare

How about going to ADVANCED > USB Storage > Advanced Settings and unchecking all of the checkboxes?

You can also go to ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > USB Settings and disable the USB port.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

How about going to ADVANCED > USB Storage > Advanced Settings and unchecking all of the checkboxes?

You can also go to ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > USB Settings and disable the USB port.

Message 2 of 3
Homyakchik
Aspirant

Argh. You are the genius, I am the moron. I hit that USB Settings thing a dozen times, and managed to miss the Advanced Settings setting every single time. Yeesh.

Thanks, and marked as Solution.

Davey

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7