Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700

MattD12
Follower

C3700

Sorry if this topic was already covered, but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for in a basic search.

How many devices does the C3700 support?  I have 12 total devices connected both wired and wirelessly at this time.  I'm regularly having issues.  Either devices say they are connected yet do not connect to the internet or the wireless will show up, but it doesn't connect despite forgetting the network and re-entering the password.

The problem is usually solved by unplugging and restarting the modem.  However, this process gets a little old.

I appreciate any information and advice I can get...in layman's terms.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C3700

Hello MattD12

The c3700 can support well beyond 12 devices so it isn't a limit issue that is the problem. What security setting are you using on the wireless? also you may want to try changing the wireless channel. The other thing I can suggest is to try and change the SSID on the wireless in theory the SSID shouldnt matter but I have seen issues be fixed by just doing that. hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
bound4all
Aspirant

Re: C3700

I am also having the same problem, but I only have two devices connected. I have tried both wired and wirelessly, (got disconnected on both) have changed the channel in case interference was an issue, changed the SSID, checked all fittings to make sure that they're not loose (the cables are new). I have Time Warner, and they were the ones that installed the service. The issue is happening more and more frequently. My security settings are WPA2-Personal and AES. I even tried changing to TKIP, but got a stern error message.  

I'd send it back, but then I wouldn't have any internet at all.  

If all of these people are having the same issue, why hasn't it been addressed? Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7