Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700v2 Modem Issues | Connected, but activation banner displayed

rish234
Tutor

C3700v2 Modem Issues | Connected, but activation banner displayed

Hi, similar to this post earlier I've been experiencing some slowdowns (many timeout errors on browser), and connection drops within the past week on both wifi and direct ethernet connections to the C3700 modem, with no reported outages occurring within this time period from my ISP, Xfinity. When I log into the modem management page, the firmware seems to be up to date, and the only thing that seems out of order is a banner at the top in red stating that I need to activate my internet service, which occurs even during periods in which I'm successfully connected to the internet. I've power cycled the modem, as well as performed a factory reset of the device, yet the banner still appears indicating that the modem does not think I've activated my internet service. Could this be the cause of the slowdown I've been experiencing? Do you have any suggestions on how I can further troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks!

Provider = xfinity 100mbps. ~5 devices connected, but typically fewer.

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
andersv44
Aspirant

Re: C3700v2 Modem Issues | Connected, but activation banner displayed

Another thread 

I had the exact same issue with a C3700v2 and Xfinity, and it started around the same time as your post.   What worked for me is a factory reset with the ERASE button found in Administration > Backup Settings.  Remove Coax, Erase (reboot occurs).  Reconnect coax and power cycle.  "Activation" messages stopped, so the modem did reprovision itself, as xfinity said it should.  All good now.  I hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I've seen a few posts with this issue both on spectrum and xfinity. Just in the last couple days to. 

I haven't found/seen a fix yet for it

Message 2 of 11
rish234
Tutor

Should have mentioned this in initial post but the downstairs neighbor in my building hasn't been having any issues.

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

And they've got the same modem?

Message 4 of 11
rish234
Tutor

Don't think so

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

so I'm trying to figure out why your prior statement was germane to the conversation then? 

Message 6 of 11
rish234
Tutor

Conceivably if they were having issues as well it'd point to an issue on Xfinity's end. 

Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

I'm more wondering if its an issue with that specific device because theres been several posts with issues on that model and activation/access
Message 8 of 11
rish234
Tutor

Gotcha. Got threads going here and on reddit, hopefully we'll have an answer soon since this does seem to be a more widespread issue! Thanks!

Message 9 of 11
Mhypertext
Aspirant

I have the C6220 i have the exact same issue it started last night around 5pm CST 07/08/2022 browser timeouts on both wifi and direct connect. super laggy router login with the red banner. I called my ISP and they said my modem looks fine on there side.

Sparklight internet 

Netgear C6220 router combo

Message 10 of 11
andersv44
Aspirant

Another thread 

I had the exact same issue with a C3700v2 and Xfinity, and it started around the same time as your post.   What worked for me is a factory reset with the ERASE button found in Administration > Backup Settings.  Remove Coax, Erase (reboot occurs).  Reconnect coax and power cycle.  "Activation" messages stopped, so the modem did reprovision itself, as xfinity said it should.  All good now.  I hope this helps you.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7