Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6250/AC1600 Internet works on macbook but not LG TV or iPhone

nwaltman
Aspirant

C6250/AC1600 Internet works on macbook but not LG TV or iPhone

I'm having a bit of a perculiar problem with my router. 

I am able to connect to the internet just fine on my macbook, however I am not able to access the router settings at routerlogin.net or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. I have tried on chrome and safari.

• Loading routerlogin.net gives me a page incorreclty telling me that I may not be connected to my router's wifi network.
  • 192.168.0.1 takes a while to get "This site can’t be reache 192.168.0.1 took too long to respond." 
  • 192.168.1.1 and ** router address below ** quickly give me "This site can’t be reached http://192.168.1.1/ is unreachable."
  • I have attached a screenshot of the TCP/IP settings on my mac.

On the other hand, my iphone connects to the wifi and is able to access the settings there, however I am unable to load any webpage or app. I have an iphone 12 mini with software version 14.8. 

My LG TV is likewise able to establish a connection with the network but unable to load the license agreement. 

There appears to be no difference between trying with 5G and normal. 

I have factory reset my router and reset the network settings on my iphone. The firmware version of the router is V1.02.01.  My ISP is USI, which is supplied by my landlord and who I don't interact with directly.  My router is physically connected through an ethernet cable into an ethernet port on the wall. On the router settings through routerlogin.com I can't find the place to update firmware, but it seems like I'm not supposed to do this on the modem/routers. 

I bought the router back in June and just kind of ignored the iphone not connecting because I had some other stuff going on, but would obviously like to be able to connect the TV. 

Let me know if any more info is needed. I previously posted this in the routers seciton, apologies. 

If anyone could solve this I'd be very thankful! 

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C6250/AC1600 Internet works on macbook but not LG TV or iPhone

Try 192.168.100.1

Try a factory reset on the modem and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser...

Message 2 of 7
nwaltman
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 Thanks for the advice.

192.168.100.1 works the same as 192.168.0.1, working on my iphone and taking a while before failing on my laptop ("the server unexpededly dropped the connection" in safari). 

In order to make a wired connection, I'd have to buy an extra ethernet cord and ethernet to usb-c dongle, which would be annoying. Are you sure that would help? The fact that I can't access the router settings from my laptop is odd but my real concern is connecting my TV to the interet. The fact that it (and my phone) can see and connect to the wifi networks but not access the internet once connected makes me think the issue is with the firmware or router settings. I'm not having any difficulty changing the router settings from my phone. 

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try Opera or Firefox on your Macbook

Message 4 of 7
nwaltman
Aspirant

Neither browser works with either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1. 

Opera gives "This site can’t be reached 192.168.100.1 took too long to respond." and Firefox gives "The connection has timed out The server at 192.168.100.1 is taking too long to respond.:

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the modem and setup from scratch. If you have the default wifi name and password, you can connect to it using wifi on the MacBook to set it up, if not, you'll need a USB C to ethernet adapter. There not expensive. I have a few for my Mac Book Pro. 

Message 6 of 7
nwaltman
Aspirant

I did another factory reset, but 192.168.0.1 still gets the same error after some loading on my laptop. I'm not sure what you mean by setup from scratch. I'm able to connect to internet just by entering the default wifi name and password. Do you mean changing the admin password and wifi name? I can't do that from my macbook, only from my iphone. 

I could buy the adaptor if you think it would help get the wifi on my TV to work, but to be clear I don't care that I can't access router settings from my macbook. I'm only providing that as information to help diagnose the problem with the TV and iphone not being able to access the internet despite being connected to the wifi network. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7