Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6250 Wifi Dropping With Strong Signals

igace1
Aspirant

C6250 Wifi Dropping With Strong Signals

My wifi connection has been dropping every minute or so.  I currently have the C6250 cable modem router. My firmware is V1.02.01. My provider is comcast. The router is directly connected to the coax with no splitters. The items that are hard wired through ethernet don't have any connection drops.  The devices that are using wifi are typically located about 5 feet from the router.  Comcast claims there isn't anything wrong on their end. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C6250 Wifi Dropping With Strong Signals

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 5
igace1
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply! I'm on channel 1 for 2.4 Ghz and 36 for 5 Ghz. Unfortunately I live in a large building so have quite a few wifi neighbors (20+).  I have done a factory reset but it didn't make a difference.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Try channels 6 or 11. 

Do you have any power output adjustments under Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings?

Message 4 of 5
igace1
Aspirant

Sorry for the late reply.  I did switch to channel 6 but it didn't make a difference.  I don't have anything listed for power output adjustments in any of my settings.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7