Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6250 constantly dropping connection

pmoney
Aspirant

C6250 constantly dropping connection

Hello All,

Hoping to find help here as i am out of options. For about 3 months i have been have issues with my internet dropping for few seconds to a few minutes 20+ times a day. My upstream bonded channel power levels all go above 50dBmV for few seconds or minutes and then will return back to around 40 or so. I have checks all my connections from the line coming into the house to the router. I do not have any splitters in play only cable connectors 2 to be exact. I have had comcast come out to check the outside line and they say that it is fine but due to covid 19 they will not come in right now to check the connection going to modem but as i said i am pretty confident it is not my line inside. When i call over the phone they say there is nothing more they can do to help and cannot send a technician out right now. I have not tried other modems yet but my ISP (comcast) thinks it is my modem.

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: C6250 constantly dropping connection

so you're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

t3, t4 errors many times are line issues. And you've stated when it goes down, the upstream goes above 50 which can cause instability. 

Which would be a line issue. But comcast won't fix it right now and are blaming it on the modem.

You can try replacing it with a docsis 3.1 device which tends to be more tolerant of higher power levels.

Or you can wait to have comcast re-inspect the line with telling them its only sporadic that the power levels peak. 

Message 2 of 4
pmoney
Aspirant

Thank you for this i will look into those modems if i still have the problems. They seem to do a fix that lasts a few days and then back to problems. I just refuse to pay them $10 a month to rent there device.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

you can always pay the $10 to have them put in their modem. If it has issues, then they have to fix the line because its not the modem. if it doesn't it either means they installed a docsis 3.1 device and it was more tolerant of the power levels or it was indeed a modem issue. Eitherway, for $10 it can tell you a lot. And once you figure out if it was the line, the modem, or the docsis 3.1 issue, you can fix it after. You can always cancel the modem rental after a month and you've determined the problem. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7