Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6250 is terrible if you have older clients

Craigin16
Aspirant

C6250 is terrible if you have older clients

I am starting to regret my purchase. The 5GHz works pretty well, however the 2.4GHz wireless radio is TERRIBLE. I can barely get 144MBps sitting my laptop right next to it.

Also, it does not play well with 1x1 radios, especially Realtek branded ones. The speed and responsiveness fluctuates so much. I think I can get a maximum of 65MBps on that computer. My old WNDR3700v4 was flawless with that same band and computer...I am so puzzled.

NETGEAR needs to add more options to the channel bands (20-40MHz) and fix the auto channel feature. The 2.4GHz band is almost unusable. I've tried all of the suggestions on this forum, and also tried to contact NETGEAR support via Twitter and the website. No response, what a surprise.

NETGEAR needs to fix this via a firmware update.

Message 1 of 3

Re: C6250 is terrible if you have older clients

@Craigin16 wrote:

...the 2.4GHz wireless radio is TERRIBLE. I can barely get 144MBps sitting my laptop right next to it.

144Mbps?  That looks pretty good to me.

You really have Internet that fast?

Message 2 of 3
Craigin16
Aspirant

Re: C6250 is terrible if you have older clients

Well, no. This is the connection speed advertised by Windows. I realize that the number is hypothetical, but there's still a problem nonetheless. The number jumps all over the place. And I've never seen 300Mbps like my old router either.

The 144 is achieved on a Centrino Advanced-N 6205, whereas I get fluctuating speeds as well as reliability with a Realtek adapter. The point I'm trying to make is, their older router, a WNDR3700v4 exhibited none of these issues
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7