Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6250 will not connect

Wynter26
Aspirant

C6250 will not connect

No matter what I do it just won’t work. I can’t access it through Wi-Fi because obviously it’s not working but that seems to be the only way through the nighthawk app.
Message 1 of 11

Re: C6250 will not connect

So, you need help with an C6250 modem/router?

What does "won't work" mean? It cannot connect to the Internet? Something else?

Take us through what you are doing and where it goes wrong.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Manuals are also a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 11
plemans
Guru

1. what are all the led's on it doing? 

2. have you tried hardwiring a pc/laptop into it? 

3. if you can hardwire a pc/laptop into it, are you able to access it though the browser (not the app)

4. Is your isp still able to see/ping the modem from their end?

Message 3 of 11
Wynter26
Aspirant

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The lights are flashing so it seems like the power is working. The issue I’m running into is my ISP and the Nighthawk app cannot connect to it at all. I’ve tried unplugging and replugging but that didn’t work. I’ve tried factory resetting by using the button on the back but that doesn’t work. When I try to use the app with Wi-Fi on I’m unable to sign in for some reason (password is not the password). I’m just really confused because it used to work until upped my service speeds.
Message 4 of 11
Wynter26
Aspirant

All leds are on but I don’t have a laptop/pc to connect to it. My ISP can see it because it worked before but it isn’t able to connect anymore. I increased my internet speed recently and now it won’t connect at all. I saw somewhere that it might not work with a splitter but it had a splitter before and worked well. Im just confused.
Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

Are you able to access it by connecting to the wifi and using a browser (not the app)

Message 6 of 11
Wynter26
Aspirant

I’ve tried through my ISP and the app but since neither will connect to the modem itself I can’t access the Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, where I live the signal without Wi-Fi is very spotty so I’m kind of in a standstill.
Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

You can't connect to the wifi at all? 

then you might need to borrow a laptop or buy a usb/ethernet adapter to hardwire into it to access it

Message 8 of 11

@Wynter26 wrote:
Unfortunately, where I live the signal without Wi-Fi is very spotty so I’m kind of in a standstill.

What signal is that? Mobile phone?

What has that got to do with connecting to the C6250?

You said earlier:

.... the Nighthawk app cannot connect to it at all.

I'd still. like to know what you are doing and where things go wrong.

Is this the Nighthawk app on a mobile device? Is "it" the modem router?

Even "cannot connect" is thin on detail. What tells you that? You get a message from the Nighthawk app? Which one? Android? iOS?

Here's another unknown?

When I try to use the app with Wi-Fi on I’m unable to sign in for some reason (password is not the password).

"password is not the password"?

There are several passwords in these things.

The password for the wifi is the one written on the bottom of the modem/router. The SSID is also there,

Before you can do anything, you need to connect to the wifi with those details. Dig out that manual (see above) and read the section Join the WiFi Network of the Modem Router

Or just follow the bit in the Quick Start guide:

"To connect using a WiFi connection, use the WiFi network name (SSID) and password on the product label."

Once you have done that, you do not have to use the Nighthawk app. You can use the browser on your mobile device or anything else connected to the wifi, like a PC.

Here too, the Quick Start guide helps:

View or Change the Modem Router Settings

As always, the devil is in the detail, and the solution is in clear descriptions of what is happening.

Message 9 of 11
Wynter26
Aspirant

Thank you for your patience and information as I’m not being very detailed. When I say I can’t connect to the Wi-Fi I mean I am able to see that the Wi-Fi is there. The internet connection on my phone without Wi-Fi is spotty so it’s difficult to even get to the pages I need. To use the ISP help I need a connection. As far as the password I saw on here that after being reset the username and password should be admin and password respectively. The username is admin but it won’t accept password as the password. The nighthawk app is how I access the modem router information. The issue I’m running into is that I after factory reset the modem router I cannot take any next steps through the ISP and the app. The isp is unable to do anything until the modem router is set up. I cannot access the m/r through the NH app because the admin/password is not working and the app won’t let me use my usual sign in when trying to connect to the m/r. I’ve tried everything in the manual but I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.
Message 10 of 11

@Wynter26 wrote:
When I say I can’t connect to the Wi-Fi I mean I am able to see that the Wi-Fi is there.

That's good.

Can you connect to it with the default wifi password in the product label on the bottom of the thing?

To make life complicated, they don't call it a password. It's also ln known as a passphrase.

If your phone supports it, try using "WPS". That's a push button thingy that doesn't need any keyboard input. You just press the buttons on the C6250 and whatever mobile device you have.

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7