Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 2.4GHz wifi radio stops working and requires reboot

dudenoway
Follower

C6300 2.4GHz wifi radio stops working and requires reboot

My 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz Wireless networks will intermittently stop broadcasting. 

I also notice than the channel (which is NOT set to auto on either) says Current : 0 for BOTH 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. 

It seems that there is a hardware issue. Trouble is, all the "lights" are green. The lights tell me that my wireless works, however that is clearly not the case.

I called support, but they won't RMA my device unless they can troubleshoot and determine theres something wrong. Problem is, those lights will NEVER change from green, and the wireless will always for for about 10-60 minutes after a reboot. But it will always turn off, and support is simply going to say that "well the green lights are on, so it says its working." Clearly there's some massive software problem, or a HW problem. 

Does anyone have any last ditch ideas to solve this before I actually smash this thing with a hammer (spent $200 on it Aug 31 2016) and say screw this all-in-one setup and buy a regular Docsis 3.0 modem and a NON Netgear router?

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Re: C6300 2.4GHz wifi radio stops working and requires reboot

I had a similar issue when I increased my cable ISP service increased to 300mbps from 100mbps.  Other than that, try a physical factory reset (paperclip in the reset button hole for 30 seconds), and have your ISP reauthorize your modem after it's been off for about an hour.

Message 2 of 4
kurtswaney
Aspirant

Hello - I have just had two occurrences of this same situation, i.e., both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi stopped broadcasting (auto-channel setting went to 0) and I have to power-cycle the C6300 router-modem to restore wifi.  In both cases I had just connected a Dell Inspiron 570 Win7 tower via a Belkin N150 USB wifi adaptor.  After connecting the Dell PC via Belkin USB wifi, within a few minutes the Netgear router-modem wifi ceases to broadcast and the 2.4G and 5G channels go to zero.  I have been using the C6300 modem-router since March 1st and have been connecting two Iphones, one Ipad and one Roku device to both the 2.4G and 5G wifi channels without issue until I tried connecting the Dell PC via Belkin USB wifi adaptor, which results in the wifi channels changing to zero (twice now).  Kurt

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Kurt

Do you have the latest drivers for your USB adapter?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7