Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 AC1750 Modem/WiFi Router has amber upstream LED, have intermittent connection issues

Tanglebones
Aspirant

C6300 AC1750 Modem/WiFi Router has amber upstream LED, have intermittent connection issues

Within six months of buying the modem in March 2016, I have been having intermittent connection issues with the upstream. I have been going back and forth with Comcast in trying to get this resolved, and the last visit costed me $60 after a tech told me there was a buzzing noise from my modem. He tried to sell me a Comcast modem, and of course, I didn't do that. Anyway, I am getting off point. I have looked at past posts about similar issues, but I have not found a satisfactory answer in troubleshooting this issue to completion without having to spend money to do this.

I have linked a screenshot of the most recent record of the issue below.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C6300 AC1750 Modem/WiFi Router has amber upstream LED, have intermittent connection issues

I would say there is some type of line issue with the ISP I see T3 timeouts plus your upstream is only locking onto one channel.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Tanglebones
Aspirant

Re: C6300 AC1750 Modem/WiFi Router has amber upstream LED, have intermittent connection issues

Well, so much for the embedded screenshot. It is an attachment that can be opened on the right. I have another screenshot to show as well.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 2 of 6
Tanglebones
Aspirant

Sorry for the spamming of posts. I'm trying to get all of this out for help. Anyway, my modem/router drops the upstream at odd times, and I'll have an amber LED for the upstream, or it will reset itself, or if I do a factory reset, the issue stays quiet for a couple of days and then it comes back. I have two more attachments that show the cable connection strengths.

Message 3 of 6
Tanglebones
Aspirant

Here is the last screenshot attachment.

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I would say there is some type of line issue with the ISP I see T3 timeouts plus your upstream is only locking onto one channel.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
Tanglebones
Aspirant

Thank you for answering. I'll see what Comcast says about my connection.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7