Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C6300 Error CheckDmgProvision dmg_provisioning process is not running, need to restart.

spf3000
Follower

C6300 Error CheckDmgProvision dmg_provisioning process is not running, need to restart.

I've been having an issue for a few weeks where my C6300 will restart due to the following error:

CheckDmgProvision dmg_provisioning process is not running, need to restart.

It seems this error has been happening more frequently (twice in the past three days) and can be extremely inconvenient when on a work call from home or other real-time uses of the internet. Has anyone seen this error before and know how to fix it? Thanks!

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 7
seanbelling
Aspirant

Re: C6300 Error CheckDmgProvision dmg_provisioning process is not running, need to restart.

Also noticing this error occuring with greater frequency

Nothing of note in the logs before this one appears

Message 2 of 7
dletell
Aspirant

Did anyone ever figure this out? This happens to my modem 1-2 times a day and it's getting aggravating. 

Message 3 of 7
Lovepump
Aspirant

Who is your cable provider?

This is happening once a day for me. My cable provider is comcast.

Just before this error causes my modem to reboot, There is always an icmp flood attack. In this case, it is coming from comcast's equipment. There is something on a ipv6 link-local address with the modem (comcast) that sends apparently 3 packets (or 3 icmp floods, however many that is) to the ipv6 all routers multicast address. My C6300 detects whatever traffic this is as a DOS attack. Shortly after, the modem reboots because this process isn't running. The ipv6 multicast traffic coming from comcast may be perfectly normal routing protocol traffic that needs to make it to my modem.

Message 4 of 7
JenJoyce
Aspirant

Model C6300. Firmware V3.01.09. Provider is Comcast Xfinity. Can NetGear please reply? At least explain the error and root cause. Someone at NetGear coded this. I just installed this new modem on 3/24/2019 and the error happened after one day. I really can't have my equipment re-booting at random and affecting my work. That's just unstable.  Thanks. 

Message 5 of 7
wolfman544
Aspirant

Nearly the same issue here.

Fireware 3.01.19

Xfinity is the provider.

@JenJoyce wrote:

Model C6300. Firmware V3.01.09. Provider is Comcast Xfinity. Can NetGear please reply? At least explain the error and root cause. Someone at NetGear coded this. I just installed this new modem on 3/24/2019 and the error happened after one day. I really can't have my equipment re-booting at random and affecting my work. That's just unstable.  Thanks. 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you guys contact your ISP. They have control over how this modem gets associated with there sysetm. Have them look in to there logs. 

Has a reset been performed on the modem yet? 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7