Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C6300 How do I turn off 5g?

Ann3
Aspirant

C6300 How do I turn off 5g?

How do I turn off the 5G and turn it on only when I want it. I turn off the radio for 5g and it turns back on when I turn the wifi on in the morning. I turn off wifi at night. I notice if I turn off the mosem completely it does not turn the 5g back on when switched back on. Is there another way?? Thanks.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ann3

If you log into the modem by going to www.routerlogin.net then Click Advanced-Advanced Setup- Wireless settings here you can disable and enable the wireless bands.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ann3

If you log into the modem by going to www.routerlogin.net then Click Advanced-Advanced Setup- Wireless settings here you can disable and enable the wireless bands.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Ann3
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply to my post. I have been doing as you described. I turn off 5g in advanced settings and then if I shut down wireless completely by means of the button on the modem/router amd use the button to turn wifi back on, the 5g comes back on along with the 2.4g. I don't see any way  around this unless I turn off the modem completely and avoid the wifi button. 

I prefer not to expose my body all day to the 5g and turn off wifi completely at night.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7