Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 IP Configuration Failure

tneil1727
Aspirant

C6300 IP Configuration Failure

Wired connection to my smart TV is running fine and can stream 4K. Can not get WIFI to work on any device. Have Spectrum as ISP. Have verified that everything is fine on their end. Performed factory reset to try and correct the problem. Any suggestions would be useful.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C6300 IP Configuration Failure

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Using a custome SSID name and PW? 

So not wireless devices will connect to the wifi from the C6300?

Message 2 of 4
tneil1727
Aspirant

Set 2.4Ghz to channel 1 and 5Ghz to channel 161. I have no neighbors with WiFi. Closest one is almost 1/2 mile from me. I'm using WPA2-PSK. Using the SSID and PW from the product tag. Correct, no devices will connect wirelessly but my smart TV runs fine with a CAT6 cable.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this as just a quick test, disable WPA2 on the modem temporarily. See if any of your devices connect at all. if they do, re-enable WPA and TPIK only and test again. If they do, set WPA2 and AES only and test...

Lets set channel on 2.4Ghz to 11 and 48 on 5Ghz. 

Also lets change the SSID from the default shipping one to someting different. Can be something easy or fun or something recognizable for you. 

@tneil1727 wrote:
Set 2.4Ghz to channel 1 and 5Ghz to channel 161. I have no neighbors with WiFi. Closest one is almost 1/2 mile from me. I'm using WPA2-PSK. Using the SSID and PW from the product tag. Correct, no devices will connect wirelessly but my smart TV runs fine with a CAT6 cable.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7