Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 Modem Router Readyshare No USB Drive

is250sp
Aspirant

C6300 Modem Router Readyshare No USB Drive

I just purchased the C6300 modem/router, plugged in my 3 TB Seagate Expansion External Drive, but it keeps displaying "Status: No USB Drive" in Genie.  The USB light on the router is on (in green) and hard drive lights up.  I even did a factory reset to no avail.  I have two of these USB drives and both dont work.  How do I make it to work?

Message 1 of 16
VE6CGX
Master

Re: C6300 Modem Router Readyshare No USB Drive

Log in to router, enable USB storage, set up the Readysgare. Read the manual yet?

Message 2 of 16
is250sp
Aspirant

In my router, under Advanced -> USB Storage -> Media Server, I already have Enable Media Server checked.  Also under Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> USB Settings, I already have "Enable any USB Device connected to the USB port" set to Yes. By default Readyshare is already setup because I can see it in my Windows Explorer under Network.  It's just empty.  What am I missing?  By the way my firmware is V1.02.19

Message 3 of 16
VE6CGX
Master

Message 4 of 16
is250sp
Aspirant

I already mentioned that Enable Media Server is checked.  Content Scan is also already selected as Automatic.

Message 5 of 16
VE6CGX
Master

Did you GPT format the drive being a 3 TB drive?

Message 6 of 16
is250sp
Aspirant

Ok so I installed EaseUS Partition Master and converted the drive from MBR to GPT but still the same issue.  The USB light on the router lights up green, the power light on the hard drive lights up green, but in Genie, under ReadyShare it still display "Status: No USB Drive".

Message 7 of 16
VE6CGX
Master

Then you should try it as just a storage drive not as media server. If router recognize the drive as just a storage drive that is good. Once it is recognized, you should try it as media server. I never use USB port. I have Synology NAS to do such things.

Message 8 of 16
is250sp
Aspirant

So just unchecking "Enable Media Server" makes it a storage drive only? Because I just did that and it still wont recognize.

Message 9 of 16
VE6CGX
Master

I am not home ATM, but two steps in setting up Readyshare , enable USB readyshare(think you already did), then you have to do second step setting up regarding volume name, access permisson with r/w, etc Then try to map the network to see if the drvie shows up. If it does, then you are almost there.....

Message 10 of 16
is250sp
Aspirant

I replugged the drive into my pc and enabled sharing and set full control permission to everyone, and still a no go.  Question...on enabling ReadyShare, I currently have the defaults checked (Network Connection, HTTPS (via internet), and FTP).  HTTP and FTP (via internet) are unchecked.  I went ahead and checked those but still wont work.

Message 11 of 16
VE6CGX
Master

If you plug that drive into a PC, can you see the drive and read, write to it?

Message 12 of 16
is250sp
Aspirant

Yes.  Been using it for the past 2 years now

Message 13 of 16
VE6CGX
Master

If you have any other USB drive or stick, try one of those, at this point we better make sure USB port is in good working order.

Message 14 of 16
is250sp
Aspirant

I plugged in a 16 gb flash drive and it works.  So currently both Seagate external hard drive still dont work.  One is GPT and the other is MBR format.

Message 15 of 16
amandacook1
Aspirant

Did you ever get a solution? Looking for solution also.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7