Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 SiriusXM not streaming

Luke82
Aspirant

C6300 SiriusXM not streaming

I have a NETGEAR C6300 WIFI router that have had for 2.5 years now. In the last few months I have noticed that SiriusXM no longer streams from my Grace Digital radio, it just constantly buffers (plays for 30 seconds, buffers for 2-5 minutes and then repeats). The radio plays all other internet radio channels perfectly, the issue is only faced when SiriusXM channels are selected.

When i connect the radio to the internet via my mobile phone or throuigh friends WIFI at their homes the SiriusXM channels play perfectly. The only time the issue appears is when the radio is connected to my home WIFI.

SiriusXM also works without any issues in my car or when streamed from my mobile phone.

I have factory reset the router, disconnected everything except for the radio and the problem remains the same.

Anyone else come accross this or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Thought I'd reach out before purchasing a new router.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C6300 SiriusXM not streaming

Is the XM device wired or wireless? 

What happens if you temporarily disable WPA on the modem and connect the XM device. 

One can use the 6300 in modem only mode and connect up another external wifi router to the modem. 

@Luke82 wrote:

I have a NETGEAR C6300 WIFI router that have had for 2.5 years now. In the last few months I have noticed that SiriusXM no longer streams from my Grace Digital radio, it just constantly buffers (plays for 30 seconds, buffers for 2-5 minutes and then repeats). The radio plays all other internet radio channels perfectly, the issue is only faced when SiriusXM channels are selected.

When i connect the radio to the internet via my mobile phone or throuigh friends WIFI at their homes the SiriusXM channels play perfectly. The only time the issue appears is when the radio is connected to my home WIFI.

SiriusXM also works without any issues in my car or when streamed from my mobile phone.

I have factory reset the router, disconnected everything except for the radio and the problem remains the same.

Anyone else come accross this or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Thought I'd reach out before purchasing a new router.

Message 2 of 4
Luke82
Aspirant

The radio is a wireless device, as mentioned all other internet radio channels work perfectly, the issue only occurs when Sirius XM chanels are selected.

Thanks for the suggestion FURRYe38,  I have since tried temporarily disabling WPA on the modem and connecting the radio, the problem remained. 

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I presume this maybe an issue with this one device. I'd contact the the Mfr for help and support on this. 

I'd also try this out at a different location with a different wifi system to see if problem follows if possible. If it doesn't, then you may need to upgrade the C6300 to something different or use the modem portion of the C6300 and install a exnternal wifi router. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7