Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C6300 Wireless Network shows up for a few seconds, then disappears when connected

jtrading
Follower

C6300 Wireless Network shows up for a few seconds, then disappears when connected

Netgear C6300

Ethernet connection works fine

Wireless 2.4/5GHz are both transmitting (LEDs solid green). When I reboot/reset, the SSID networks will both show up initially. When my computer connects to it, it says "Connected, not secured", then drops. Both 2.4/5GHz networks no longer show on the WiFi list. 

I have tried rebooting, resetting to factory defaults, setting specific channels. 

I am using my phone and computer to verify. The 2.4/5GHz networks disappear after a few seconds

Has anyone experienced this and can comment? The router worked fine for 2 months (although suffered the intermittent drops for 15 seconds). Today it started giving me these issues when I bought a new Win 10 laptop and tried to connect. Now the router does not work for phone or laptops. I am 90% sure it is the router

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C6300 Wireless Network shows up for a few seconds, then disappears when connected

Hello jtrading

I would suggest contacting support if the modem is still under warranty.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
finest14
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. The router has worked fine for one year connected to various Apple products, a smart TV, a PS3 and a Dell PC running Windows 10 with a Dell wireless card.  Tried to connect a new Lenovo PC running Windows 10 with a Qualcomm wireless card and my networks disappear.  Unfortunately, the moderators suggestion to contact support doesn't help me because I don't want to pay for support.

Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello finest14

Does the networks disappear for all devices or just the one?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
finest14
Aspirant

Just the one.  PC with a Qualcom wireless adaptor.  Our Apple devices, smart TV, PS3 and Dell PC all work.  Took the other PC back to the store and exchanged it for a different brand and it works fine.  Not sure what the conflict was between the Netgear and Qualcom was.

Message 5 of 9
MarceloLuca
Aspirant

DarrenM,

My router is experiencing the same issue, when I turn my Lenovo Yoga 710 on, the router craches and I need to reboot it. It just hapen with this computer(lenovo) all other phones tablets and computers work fine, and the Lenovo work fine on other routers.

Do you think updating the firmware helps?

Message 6 of 9
MarceloLuca
Aspirant

I just cheked my firmware and is the latest V2.01.18 any clues?

Message 7 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

If it is just the one device I would make sure that laptop has the latest wireless drivers.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 9
MarceloLuca
Aspirant

I already updated all drivers, and tried all suggestion from Lenovo support site, but none worked.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7