Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 Wireless disappearing on me (2.4 and 5)

maceman121
Aspirant

C6300 Wireless disappearing on me (2.4 and 5)

So, my router was working great for the first two weeks, but as of the other day, interesting, and annoying, issue arose.  My wireless suddenly, and without logical reasoning, stops transmitting.  The router itself is still lit for both 2.4 and 5, yet no device (apple, android, analyzer, and microsoft) will be able to detect the wireless signals on any band.  I have done a quick analysis of the wireless signals and have almost no competition (less than popular region high in the hills), so doubting that is the issue.  If I do a reboot, it works, though today it stops working again shortly.  I have no idea what is going on, but if I plug in everything works as it is supposed to (though wireless still isn't transmitting) with the internet.

Really annoying issue as I use mostly wireless here, and no idea how to fix it.  Checking the router, things SEEM to be functioning (lights on), no strange errors in log, and no unknown devices connected.  I love netgear, but this is killing me.

**EDIT** If I press the wi-fi button, nothing happens either.  Lights do not turn off or on.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
maceman121
Aspirant

Re: C6300 Wireless disappearing on me (2.4 and 5)

Also, on the home screen of log in to the router, it says wifi is off.  So likely the issue, even with lights on, but at the same time, no idea how to turn it on remotely, nor why its shutting off at all.  At least it did for a bit, now it says its on again, but still nto transmitting anything until Ireboot it, only to fail again.

When I look at each wireless transmission, it says they are both Currently: 0, for the current channel, even though on drop down I select, and updated, to an actual channel.

Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C6300 Wireless disappearing on me (2.4 and 5)

Hello maceman121

I would suggest contacting Netgear support if your modem is still under warranty it could be a hardware issue.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7