Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 comcast needs to access files to up my speed

wandski
Aspirant

C6300 comcast needs to access files to up my speed

Just increased my speed with Comcast.  However Comcast says they need to access the files in order to up the speed and they can not access them. How do I let them access the files to change the speed.  Comcast even came out and tech said that was a great modeum but they could not access the files to up the speed.

AC1750 WiFi Cable Modem Router

Firemware Version V2.01.18

Message 1 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Re: C6300 comcast needs to access files to up my speed

Normally, all you have to do is to give Comcast the modem's MAC address.  It's printed on the label on the panel that you can slide out on the modem.  Once Comcast enters the MAC address into their systems, all you should have to do is reboot your modem.  If your modem is supported by Comcast, their systems will take care of the job of automatically provisioning the modem to operate at up to the speed you subscribed.

If you are still not getting your rated speed, call Comcast and have them confirm your rate plan and whether they have the correct MAC address in their system.

Message 2 of 5
wandski
Aspirant

Comcast has all that information.  They even sent a Tech out from Comcast.  The problem is they need to access the bootable files to up my speed and they can not get to the bootable files.  Tech said normally they just reset the modem and then it will work however after several attempts at resetting it still will not let them in the bootable files so they can make there changes.

Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Well, there's nothing you can do to fix this.  If Comcast can't make their changes, then return or exchange the modem.

Message 4 of 5
wandski
Aspirant

Can not return or exchange the modem as it is 15 months old.  There has got to be a way that Comcast can access the bootable files with out me having to replace the modem.  I called tech support and I do not want to pay 50.00 to get help if they can not really help me.  How do I have comcast access the bootable files

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7