Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300v2 2.4ghz not connecting

Oregeki
Follower

C6300v2 2.4ghz not connecting

OK so on 6/14/20 our Iphone's, ps4, old windows 7 laptop, nintendo switch, etc any devices that werent directly connected to the router stopped showing the 2.4 ghz connection. It had been showing for part of the day until our internet connection went out for a few minutes and i had to reset it.The 5g connection is stil showing and ive contacted my service provider and they confimred the signal was working.

A Few points here:

- Yes ive reset it several times,

- The lights for 2.4ghz on the front of the router show green as does every other light

- I did not change any settings or log into my router at all for the past 3 months since i installed it, until today

- Yes it shows as active in the router gateway and turning it off and back on again did nothing.

I am no computer expert so any advice or ideas i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 15
plemans
Guru

Re: C6300v2 2.4ghz not connecting

Power dying can cause power surges. Which play havoc with electronics. It might have caused it to fail.

You've tried a lot of the key points

the only other things I'd try would be:

1. turn the wifi on/off using the wifi on/off hardwired button. push and hold it for 2 seconds

2. Try a different power supply. maybe the power supply is going bad. If you have a power supply with the same voltage and polarity (it can have higher amsp but not lower) you can try it. I wouldn't buy one. 

Is it still within warranty? 

You can check it by going to mynetgear at the top, register an account and then the device. If its still within warranty, you can start the rma process from there. 

Message 2 of 15
SFields
Aspirant

Did you ever figure this out?

I am having the same issue.  The 5G connection is showing but not the 2.4.  I have done on the sets that you show you did also.  Still nothing.  I have some devices that do not connect to 5G so I need the 2.4.

Thank you for any reply.

Message 3 of 15
wcalifas
Prodigy

You can also try updating the firmware or reloading it and see if it revives the 2.4gzh band.

Message 4 of 15
antinode
Guru

> You can also try updating the firmware or reloading it and see if it
> revives the 2.4gzh band.

How, exactly, do you propose that the user should do that with a
DOCSIS modem+router?

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375

Message 5 of 15
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Oregeki and SFields,

Good day! Thank you for reaching out. First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Have you tried contacting our Support team? This could be a hardware issue and our SUpport team will be one to do a hardware check. If it's within the hardware warranty, we will be able to replace the Cable Gateway.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

NETGEAR Team

Message 6 of 15
SFields
Aspirant

Hi,

Yes we did reach out to Netgear, my modem stopped working completely no wifi 2.4 or 5. 

We were on hold for 55 mins and had to hang up because at 8:45 we had to make the decision to go buy a new modem before the store closed.  I had to work from home and 2 kids doing school from home the next day.

We are now up and running on the new modem but it's only 2.4 no 5 this time.  I'm beyond frustrated.  I'm on the phone with Xfinity currently.  Then i guess I will call Netgear next.

Message 7 of 15
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SFields,

Thank you for your response. We are really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. May we know what is modem did you newly purchase? Please provide us your preferred call back date and time so we can have our Support team call you to provide further assistance. Please note that your preferred date should also be the time your C6300v2 is being provisioned again by your Internet provider so our Support team can troubleshoot the Cable modem/router.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

NETGEAR Team

Message 8 of 15
tobraha
Aspirant

Same exact issue here; tried everything short of a factory reset, which I'll probably try later this evening.

I called support to plead for a hardware warranty replacement, but was told that the hardware checks all passed and that the network was "overloaded" and thus the 2.4GHz network was deactivated.  I've been using this modem for almost a year with no changes to the network or number of devices.  Support case # 44030062.

If I make any progress with a factory reset, I'll reply here, but not looking hopeful at this point 😞

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 9 of 15
plemans
Guru

@tobraha  when there's to many devices on the 2.4ghz it doesn't deactivate. It might boot devices off but it doesn't shut down. 

Makes me suspect if you got actual netgear support or a scam site. 

If you'd like to start your own thread, we can try to help you. 

Message 10 of 15
tobraha
Aspirant

Thanks, plemans.  I suppose a scam wasn't outside the realm of possibility, but it seemed legitimate...

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't want to hammer the poor girl from Netgear support too hard.

The only device that doesn't support 5GHz is the smart TV (which is surprising; it's a Samsung 55" that's only ~3 years old).

I'll give the factory reset a whirl and will post an update when I get around to it.

Thanks!

-Tommy

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 11 of 15
tobraha
Aspirant

UPDATE: Issue resolved.

I was able to resolve my issue by completing a FACTORY RESET of my C6300v2.  Really glad I didn't pay for a support contract on this...

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 12 of 15
Kftorano
Aspirant

I am having this same issue. I am past my 1 year warranty.  What do I do?

Message 13 of 15
tobraha
Aspirant

Hey @Kftorano - did you try a factory reset? That's what fixed it for me!

Also, mine was still under warranty when I had my issue and Netgear refused to replace it.
Message 14 of 15
plemans
Guru

@tobraha If a factory reset fixed your issued, the hardware wasn't bad. Why would they replace it if a factory reset fixed the issue? 

Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7