Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300v2 AC1750 how to set up email log files to outlook.com

bmgordon
Aspirant

C6300v2 AC1750 how to set up email log files to outlook.com

Hi

I just bought a Netgear C6300v2 AC1750 cable modem router. I want to set it up to email the log files to me.  I went to Advanced/Security/Email.  I don't know the mail server that Microsoft uses or the port number.  Does anyone know?  I searched online and found many different answers. Not sure which one is correct.  Don't feel like doing trial/error.  Just want the correct answer.

Thank you.

Barbara

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
bmgordon
Aspirant

Re: C6300v2 AC1750 how to set up email log files to outlook.com

Is there anyone out there right now who is using it right now and if so, which one is working? 

smtp.office365.com

or

smtp-mail.outlook.com

I guess I can try one for a day and if it doesn't work I can try the other for a day.  Just thought I could save a few days of trying it out.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact MS for the port they use. Or do a search on the web as well for what MS uses for ports. 

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Message 3 of 6
bmgordon
Aspirant

Hi

I did do a search and I did look on Microsoft's site.  There is conflicting information.  Some places say to use smtp.office365.com and some say smtp-mail.outlook.com.  On my Netgear page, it says "outgoing mail server."  It does not specifiy POP or IMAP or SMTP but I assume it's SMTP.  Rather than waste time trying different ones and trial/error, I thought I would ask someone who may already know the answer.

Thanks.

Barbara

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Outgoing email is always SMTP.

Not that much unclear when it comes to outlook.com. We've set up plenty of these before 365 was out. Concinced that one will work for typical outlook.com accounts.

Not the convenience food you expect - but also not any Netgear community member responsibility that IT and cloud - not only Microsoft's services - are a constant moving target.

Message 5 of 6
bmgordon
Aspirant

Is there anyone out there right now who is using it right now and if so, which one is working? 

smtp.office365.com

or

smtp-mail.outlook.com

I guess I can try one for a day and if it doesn't work I can try the other for a day.  Just thought I could save a few days of trying it out.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7