Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300v2 Wireless is not showing on laptop. Laptop will connect to other wireless routers.

AprilD
Aspirant

C6300v2 Wireless is not showing on laptop. Laptop will connect to other wireless routers.

Wireless net work is not connecting or showing on laptop. Laptop will connect to other wireless networks. Router will work on phone.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C6300v2 Wireless is not showing on laptop. Laptop will connect to other wireless routers.

Be sure wifi adapter drivers are up to date on the laptop. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Cable modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: C6300v2 Wireless is not showing on laptop. Laptop will connect to other wireless routers.

What wireless card is in the laptop? 

Are you trying to connect to 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 

Does it see either of the networks? 

Message 3 of 6
AprilD
Aspirant

Don't know the answer to that. It was working before but it stopped for some reason. Took laptop in thinking it was my laptop. Laptop works on all wifi I have connected to just not mine.

Message 4 of 6
AprilD
Aspirant

It was working before. Took laptop in and it is not the laptop.Will connect to all other routers I have tried

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

What actually happens? you're a little light on details. 

Does the laptop see the ssid but won't connect? (and if so, what error do you get)

Does it not see it broadcasting at all? 

Do you just need to scroll down in the windows wifi search bar? 

Other devices are connecting so you know its broadcasting.

Its more a question of what error is it giving you. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7