Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300v2 dropping internet connection

CarlFe80
Initiate

C6300v2 dropping internet connection

Hello Netgear Community,

I have a Netgear C6300 and several times a day, I lose my internet connection.  When I lose my internet, I also can't access the routerlogin.com portal.

I've been trying to figure this out for the past few months and I think it is due to a DoS attack from a connected device but I can't track down the device.

The logs say "[DoS attack] ICMP Flood from fe80:0000:0000:0000:02d6:feff:fee7:d419"

The source is from that same IP Address "fe80:0000:0000:0000:02d6:feff:fee7:d419"

However, when I view my connected devices, I never see that ip address.  All the IPv6 addresses there start with "2600:8801:f200"

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Thank you.

-Carl

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 7
CarlFe80
Initiate

Re: C6300v2 dropping internet connection

I dropped connection again.  Here is the log entry:

Description

[DoS attack] ICMP Flood from fe80:0000:0000:0000:02d6:feff:fee7:d419

Target

ff02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0001

Source

fe80:0000:0000:0000:02d6:feff:fee7:d419

Message 2 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CarlFe80,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the backlog in the system. Does your Internet connection still drop? Do you still see that error message on the logs?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
fifgirl09
Tutor

I have the same issue with my internet dropping at least twice a day and I have to reboot my modem/router in order to get it to reconnect to the internet. Everytime I go to reset the router all lights are solid green indicating that there is an internet connection, but all of my devices lose connection. This has been happening ever since I purchased the modem/router.

I contacted my ISP and they said they are showing no issues on their end, that it must be the modem/router. They also said that I should not have to reboot my modem/router so many times. 

I contacted Netgear and they were no help. They said that I'm outside the 90 day complimentary phone tech support and that if I wanted help I would have to pay for a subsciption. Considering that I am still within the 1 year product warranty and that I already paid quite a bit for the modem/router, I thought that was completely ridiculous. 

To me it seams like the product is of poor quality considering all the posts I've been reading from people that have been having the same issue with internet constantly dropping, and very little solutions offered to remedy the problem. I don't need a product replacement, I need a product refund. I highly regret my purchase!

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

@fifgirl09 wrote:

I have the same issue with my internet dropping at least twice a day and I have to reboot my modem/router in order to get it to reconnect to the internet. Everytime I go to reset the router all lights are solid green indicating that there is an internet connection, but all of my devices lose connection. This has been happening ever since I purchased the modem/router.

I contacted my ISP and they said they are showing no issues on their end, that it must be the modem/router. They also said that I should not have to reboot my modem/router so many times. 

I contacted Netgear and they were no help. They said that I'm outside the 90 day complimentary phone tech support and that if I wanted help I would have to pay for a subsciption. Considering that I am still within the 1 year product warranty and that I already paid quite a bit for the modem/router, I thought that was completely ridiculous. 

To me it seams like the product is of poor quality considering all the posts I've been reading from people that have been having the same issue with internet constantly dropping, and very little solutions offered to remedy the problem. I don't need a product replacement, I need a product refund. I highly regret my purchase!

Message 5 of 7
fifgirl09
Tutor

I solved my issue by buying a new and different brand modem/ router. Since buying the new modem/ router I have had absolutely no connectivity issues. In fact I would say my connectivity has improved significantly. I have come to the conclusion that the Netgear modem/ router is a piece of CRAP!!! No suggestion that I tried fixed the connectivity issues with the Netgear modem/ router. I will never purchase a Netgear product again! Not only are their products of poor quality, but their warranty policies are horrible as well!
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck then.

Mine works just fine. 

Enjoy. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation