Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300v2 firmware out of date

MATiX
Follower

C6300v2 firmware out of date

I have had Netgear modem /wireless router for couple years. The android phone Nighthawk app have never worked for me. I am having a lot of interruptions with my internet. I know that my current ISP (WOW Internet) are who send correct firmware to device. I just checked today and seems like there's some security issues. I am on Netgear C6300v2 firmware version 1.02.09 ; which is not the most up to date but I cannot change that. I still DL speed at 600Mbps. But sometimes my devices will not load websites and say that I have no connectivity. If there is no solution to this modem /router can anyone suggest one or multiple devices to purchase? I need to be able to connect to my ISP also would like to setup a router with custom firmware to connect with to VPN so all my devices connected to to it are safe under the router. Its just me and my disabled mother at the house now. I am connecting to Xbox and using kodi that's why I need the VPN Router.
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3

Re: C6300v2 firmware out of date

@MATiX wrote:
I am on Netgear C6300v2 firmware version 1.02.09 ; which is not the most up to date but I cannot change that. I still DL speed at 600Mbps.

You cannot change the firmware on a cable modem. That is in the hands of the ISPs. They make the rules.

What’s the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Sup...

Try fixing the main problem.

But sometimes my devices will not load websites and say that I have no connectivity.

You will need to provide more information before anyone can begin to diagnose what might be going on there. The ability to use the Nighthawk app wouldn't be much help there. The apps are dumbed down versions of the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: C6300v2 firmware out of date

@michaelkenward has answered the firmware issue. 

Do you have a copy of the cable connections page and the event logs? 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7