Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000-100NAS - Ethernet disconnects frequently with one specific computer

vmounts
Follower

C7000-100NAS - Ethernet disconnects frequently with one specific computer

Laptop: Satellite C55-B5100, Running Windows 10 64 bit. 

Router: Nighthawk C7000-100NAS  Firmware: V1.01.15 (which my ISP said is up to date)

One paticular laptop I own seems to be losing its ethernet connection frequently, like every 30 seconds or so. Watcing the "Network Connections" window in Windows 10 it will say network not connected, get a red X over it, reconnect and be usable for another 30 seconds or so, until it does it again. This happens when plugged in from another room and when plugged directly in the router.

The laptop works with another router. It was working fine yesterday with the old gateway from my ISP. I still have that gateway and fired it up and it connects just fine and doesn't lose connection. The gateway is no longer connected to the Internet but I can reach and use the gateway's administration page with no issues, ping the gateway, etc.

Another laptop works fine using same cord and ethernet port on the router. My wife has a Satellite laptop too (different model) and I can plug it into the same ethernet cable and it works just fine. I can do a continuous ping of a site on the internet and it doesn't drop any packets.

A desktop, phones, tablets, and FireTV Stick all work fine. I have a desktop that is also connected via ethernet and it works fantastic. It easily maxes out my 100Mbit downstream in a speed test. I can do a continuous ping of a site on the internet and it doesn't drop any packets.

Other possibly relevant info: When the C7000 arrived we were still negotiating with our ISP on what price they were going to give us for their internet only service. I decided to go ahead and log into the C7000 and setup the LAN and WiFi settings while we were waiting . I plugged this laptop directly into the router. It was a bit unstable even then but I didn't notice if it was dropping connection. A couple days later we got the price we wanted and we set things up with the ISP's tech last night. I plugged in the modem and it connected on the WAN just fine to them. Could connecting to it before the WAN was connected caused something screwy to happen?

In the device manager under Network Adpaters I noticed there are a bunch of Wan Miniport entries. I know they haven't always been there but I'm not sure when they showed up. I think it has been fairly recently so they might have got added when I connected to the router ?? I'm not sure. Might be totally irrelevant. Getting rid of them hasn't fixed the problem and they seem to show back up somewhat randomly. 

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello vmounts

Have you checked to see if there is any updated etherenet and wireless drivers for the PCs that are having issues?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
JimPugilist
Aspirant

same here!

Started with trouble to open Internet pages. Blamed Mcaffee (they confirmed an issue with there software) and deinstalled all Mcaffees on all devices. Had to reset Pc .Now over ethernet all fine, wifi keeps getting disconnected randomly. Did all restes, even phone factroy reset. STill. Checked finally router: sync time failure---a lot!!!! Find online a lot of complaints, but no solution...anybody an idea??

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=9c:3d:cf:9a:32:f8;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:79:04:6d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2017-3-2, 18:23:50Critical (3)SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=9c:3d:cf:9a:32:f8;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:79:04:6d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2017-3-3, 13:13:31Critical (3)SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;CM-MAC=9c:3d:cf:9a:32:f8;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:79:04:6d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2017-3-3, 13:13:33Critical (3)SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=9c:3d:cf:9a:32:f8;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:79:04:6d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7