Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000-100NAS no longer emails logs

Bob94301
Guide

C7000-100NAS no longer emails logs

Hi folks,

Just started no longer sending logs. Worked fine for quite some time. Error message is:

[email failed] Failed to Connect Tcp Socket! 360

I am guessing that my email provider changed port 25, but cannot be sure. Tried three other smtp servers I have available including gmail, poutlook, etc and none work.

Can you help me get this working again please?

Thanks.

~Bob

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
Bob94301
Guide

This does seem to be the case. The router is hard coded to use Port 25 and virtually no providers allow that any longer. Hard to believe this has not been addressed. Also hard to belive that I need to pay to talk to Netgear about this? I bought this in January and support ended in March? And now I have no ability for emailed logs and no idea when or if ever there will be updated firmware. Not excited how how Netgear addresses their customer base. Will definitely take all this into consideration on future purchases.

Appreciate if anyone has a solution to the port 25 issue....

~Bob

Message 2 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Bob 94301

If your ISP is blocking port 25 not much we can do to change that I read they block that port so spam emails are not sent across there Ip address.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 7
haddonhill
Initiate

I purchased the C7000-100NAS because it is one of the few multi-channel cable modems designed specifically to work with Comcasts's multi-channel access.  Comcast denies use of port 25, so effectively, there has been false advertising by Netgear that they are compatible with Comcast.  Netgear's own site says "One of the best cable modem routers for Comcast XFINITY® Blast, Comcast XFINITY® Extreme".  But I guess Marketing didn't talk to Engineering?

When will there be a firmware upgrade so email logs to a different port, or at least download logs to local machine will work?

Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Haddonhill 

If port 25 is being blocked by comcast you will have to talk to them about the ports.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
TriMoot
Initiate

I too am wanting to send my logs via email and am not having any success.  Is it really the port 25 issue?  Has Netgear responded to our questions about providing an updated firmware to where we can use other ports for SMTP mail?

This is what I find at Xfinity's site about what the settings should be in order to use their gateway:

• Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
  • Outgoing Mail Server Port Number:
    • Recommended: 587 (SMTP)
    • Only if Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
  • SSL Encryption: checked
  • Authentication: XFINITY username and password required

PLEASE Netgear, fix this.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
Tazdon
Initiate

Any update on this.   This has been addressed in other models.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7