Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000 Chose to not to connect to net overnight

RobertJHales
Aspirant

C7000 Chose to not to connect to net overnight

Woke up Tuesday morning to my C7000 Nighthawk no longer connected to the net. All cables were secure and snug, powercycled my  router a few times. Went to work expecting it to magically be fixed when I came home.

No dice. It has all the lights lit up, except it flashed the Upstream light and the internet light (planet) is not on. The downstream is constant. Every so often it'll recent the downstream light and flash that before it goes solid.

I contacted XFINITY to come out and the tech had no idea how to fix it. He said I was getting great signal through the cable so there's no reason I should not be connected to the net. He gave me a leased XFINITY router and it immediately connected to the internet.

So, how do I fix this?

Additional information:

Bought this router in August 2017

XFINITY Tech said he dealt with a lady down the block who had a similar issue with the same model router that morning.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: C7000 Chose to not to connect to net overnight

@RobertJHales wrote:
the internet light (planet) is not on. The downstream is constant. Every so often it'll recent the downstream light and flash that before it goes solid.

That means it isn't connecting to the internet. But you knew that anyway.

Have you tried a factory reset on the thing?

There is a manual for the C7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> C7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

See page 108.

Message 2 of 6
RobertJHales
Aspirant

The tech advised it that option would only wipe my wifi settings, so I didn't do that at the time.

I went ahead and just did a factory reset on it and I am still having the same issue.

Message 3 of 6

This thing is still under warranty. Start the return process. And don't fall for any attempts to extract money from you. That's a famous Netgear scam.

If you registered the thing in the MyNetgear on-line system, start there.

Message 4 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Please PM me. 

Message 5 of 6
RobertJHales
Aspirant

PM Sent -- Awaiting response.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors