Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000 Modem/router on Comcast wifi speeds

Azhrein
Follower

C7000 Modem/router on Comcast wifi speeds

Up until a few months ago when comcast update their services to 75mpbs I was paying for 50mpbs and actually receiving 45-50mpbs on wifi. After they went to 75 as their blast services I have been unable to receive anywhere near close to what I was getting. I agrued hours over the phone with comcast, even had someone come out to the house to check the services believing that no way could there possibly be anything wrong with my Netgear 3700.

However tested it with Ethernet connection and got semi good results on IPv4. Near crap results on wifi.

these are my test results for ethernet connections

These are my test results using wifi connections

I've seen some other posts about a firmware update with the model thats not compatible with comcast or some such.

Whats going on here why can't I get my wifi speeds to normal.

FYI this is the only computer/device on the network.

Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Re: C7000 Modem/router on Comcast wifi speeds

Wi-Fi speed is affected by many things:

1. The Wi-Fi capabilities of your router
  2. The Wi-Fi capabilities of your computer/device
  3. The distance between the computer and router.
  4. Walls
  5. Congestion on the Wi-Fi channel caused by other devices, including devices on neighboring Wi-Fi networks on the same channel
  6. Radio noise caused by cordless phones, baby monitors, bluetooth devices, etc.
  7. Speed sapping features on the router, like QoS and URL blocking

If your computer has a dual-band Wi-Fi adapter, I would first switch to 5 GHz. Otherwise, experiment with changing the Wi-Fi channel. You can use programs like Netgear's Desktop Genie, or Vistumbler or Acrylic WiFi to find the least congested Wi-Fi channel in your area. If you enabled any features on the router, then try disabling them but be sure to leave WMM on. Use WPA2-PSK [AES] wireless security, too.

Message 2 of 3
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: C7000 Modem/router on Comcast wifi speeds

@Azhrein

what client do you use for testing?

have you tried 5GHz?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos