Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900] - Modem/Router blocking specific site's CDN content, Hacked?

teodulog
Follower

[C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900] - Modem/Router blocking specific site's CDN content, Hacked?

I've been troubleshooting an issue over the past few days where my Netgear C7000 started blocking specific site's CDN (Content Delivery Network) content.   It's driving me crazy. 

The sites I'm having issues with are office.com, microsoft.com, xbox.com, and apple.com.  

This happens regardless of device or browser.  Tested on Nexus 6P, iPad, 3 x Windows 10, Xbox (blocking game tile images, screenshots and trailers - but movie/tv tiles load fine).   Wired or Wireless.

I've switched out the modem (with Surfboard SB6183) and all content from these site loaded perfectly.  Switched back to the Netgear C7000 and it started blocking again.

I've factory reset many times via the web admin interface and the button hole on the back of the device.  I have factory setting except for the WiFi info. 

Is there a secret way to reflash the firmware they don't put on there site?  Netgear is saying they will not warranty exchange b/c software is not covered Smiley Mad.

Does the C7000 have any known exploits? Could my router have been hacked?

2016-09-14_Netgear-C7000-Office.com-CDN-Blocking.jpg

2016-09-14_Netgear-C7000-Microsoft.com-CDN-Blocking.jpg

2016-09-14_Netgear-C7000-Xbox-Live-CDN-Blocking.jpg

2016-09-14_Netgear-C7000-Apple.com-CDN-Blocking.jpg

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: [C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900] - Modem/Router blocking specific site's CDN content, Hacked?

Hello teodulog

No way to flash the firmware as it is pushed out by the ISP I would contact netgear support about this.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7