Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000 modem, WIFI often not connected on bootup after doing a big Windows 10 update

Clevor
Aspirant

C7000 modem, WIFI often not connected on bootup after doing a big Windows 10 update

I did one of those large Windows 10 updates around 2 months ago. The kind where it takes a long time to download and install the file, and you have to restart to install it. Now when I boot up, 70% of the time the WIFI is not connected. I usually use the Windows 10 troubleshooting tool to reconnect, but I am getting tired of doing this every time I boot up. I also have problems with dropouts during downloads on certain websites, which I had no problems with previously. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Updating drivers? I tried unplugging the modem and replugging it in, but still have the problem.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C7000 modem, WIFI often not connected on bootup after doing a big Windows 10 update

Hello clevor

You could try to reserve the IP address for your windows 10 PC maybe a Ip conflict on start up.

https://kb.netgear.com/25722/How-do-I-reserve-an-IP-address-on-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7