Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000 suddenly has slow internet connection speeds

BobMA2
Aspirant

C7000 suddenly has slow internet connection speeds

I purchased the C7000 Nighthawk modem/router on 3/16/2016 as an upgrade/combination of a previous Motorola modem and N900 Netgear dual band router.  The Nighthawk performed flawlessly until last week, when the internet connection speeds (both wired and wireless) became noticeably slower. I have the Extreme 105 plan from Xfinity (105 MBS download, 20 MBS upload), but after running Speedtest.net, I only saw ~15-20 MBS download and ~7-8 MBS upload.  I checked with Xfinity and they said everything was normal on their end.  I have looked through a majority of the Netgear forums here and have done everything suggested:  power cycling the modem/router and network, changing wireless channels (several times), rebooting the modem (via Netgear Genie app and routerlogin.net), and performing factory resets (both Netgear Genie and routerlogin.net initiated and putting a paperclip in the reset hole on the modem).  During some of these steps, the performance improved somewhat, but it quickly degraded back to very slow. 

I wanted to see if there are any other suggestions out there - my Netgear hardware warranty on the Nighthawk expires in one month and would like to know if this is a sudden hardware problem, where I can replace the Nighthawk, or it is something else.  Again, this is a relatively recent connection problem; the Nighthawk performed flawlessly for the previous 11 months.  Thank you.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
BobMA2
Aspirant

Re: C7000 suddenly has slow internet connection speeds

Hello DarrenM.
I did try both the software factory reset through Netgear Genie and the hardware reset by inserting a paperclip in the reset hole on the back side of the modem/router. I will contact Netgear this weekend. Thanks for your suggestions.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BobMA2

Are you getting this slow of speeds when running speed tests over a wired connection?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
BobMA2
Aspirant

Hi Darren,
Thanks for your reply. I've gotten the slow response with both wired and wireless speed tests.
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BobMA2

I would suggest a factory reset of the modem and if that does not do the trick I would suggest contacting Netgear support.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
BobMA2
Aspirant

Hello DarrenM.
I did try both the software factory reset through Netgear Genie and the hardware reset by inserting a paperclip in the reset hole on the back side of the modem/router. I will contact Netgear this weekend. Thanks for your suggestions.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7