Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000

Dg-az
Aspirant

C7000

When I purchased this router I called support. They informed me the router does not support remote management but that a firmware update is in the works to fix this problem within the next 90 days. That was in mid July. Can anyone tell me when the firmware update will be available?
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
IrvSp
Master

Re: C7000

@Dg-az wrote:
When I purchased this router I called support. They informed me the router does not support remote management but that a firmware update is in the works to fix this problem within the next 90 days. That was in mid July. Can anyone tell me when the firmware update will be available?

First, you'll need to contact someone who works for Netgear, this is basically a user-to-user forum.

Secondly, you've posted into a Netgear Nighthawk Router forum. Cable Modem's are covered in a different forum, go back to Community, home user and select the Cable Modem area.

Besides that, Cable Modem's are under control of your ISP, even if you own it. They will update your h/w after they get the update and approve it to be used.

@DarrenM, can you assist here, answer the question or move the message to the proper place?

Message 2 of 5

@Dg-az wrote:
When I purchased this router I called support. They informed me the router does not support remote management but that a firmware update is in the works to fix this problem within the next 90 days.

Who did you talk to? Netgear or your ISP? Or a number you found in a web search?

As @IrvSp says, Netgear has not control over the rollout of firmware. It is in the hands of the ISP. Did you talk to them?

Netgear's support should know this and should not be promising update fixes for cable modem/routers.

This is one reason why people on cable services can be better off buying separate modems and routers. Netgear can provide firmware updates to routers.

Message 3 of 5
Dg-az
Aspirant

I talked to Netgear support. I still have the ticket number.
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You maybe waiting a while for FW updates. First off NG has the core code and makes the changes. Since Cable modem ISP handle most of the FW pushes on there networks, ISP first need to test and certifiy any new FW that comes from NG. Once this is done, then ISPs will push to cable modems and gateways. This can take months. Be aware that some ISPs don't push FW to consumer owned modems. You'll have to talk to your ISP and ask them if there is anything they have currently or can do anything. If not, then you should get into a stand alone modem only unit and connect a wifi router that supports remote management if you need something soon. 

A dedicated cable modem/gateway forum is here for your future needs:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Good Luck. 

@Dg-az wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7