Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000V2 Rebooting itself

Itsbiggs22
Tutor

C7000V2 Rebooting itself

Apparently you only get 90 days of support which is franky pretty crap.  I have always used netgear and maybe that is my mistake.  I got this router/modem on Jan 24 2019 and it most recently this month (note after 90 days) my router is now randomly rebooting through the day Sometimes it is 9am, sometimes 3pm, sometimes 8pm, there is no rhyme or reason it just does it.  There is nothing wrong with my connetivity as this did not happen with my previous router that I can plug in and not re-create and I refuse to pay half the price of my router to get support that seems absolutely insane to me. Not sure if the community can even help, the event logs dont' even show a reboot event...

Yes I have power cycled, factory reset, and contacted Comcast to push a config update or whatever they do.  I spent ~$200 on a brick it seems

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 9

Re: C7000V2 Rebooting itself

The warranty period is for at least a year, depending on where you are.

Message 2 of 9
Itsbiggs22
Tutor

Warranty is, correct.  However they don't even let you contact support about issues outside of 90 days.

Message 3 of 9

@Itsbiggs22 wrote:

....they don't even let you contact support about issues outside of 90 days.

Login to MyNetgear:

• My Support
  • Contact support
  • Replace my defective product
  • Select a Product
  • Contact NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 9
Itsbiggs22
Tutor

Immediately jumping to replacing a product seems silly instead of just allowing a firmware downgrade or the such (It wont let me manage firmware said its handled by ISP) 

Message 5 of 9

@Itsbiggs22 wrote:

(It wont let me manage firmware said its handled by ISP) 

That's right. All ISPs tell hardware makers to keep their hands off modems on cable networks.

They probably want to rent you something nasty and expensive.

That's one reason why it makes sense to buy a separate cable modem and then to use your own router.

Message 6 of 9
Itsbiggs22
Tutor

The funny thing is, this is my modem/router, i've always bought separate modem and router this is my first combination and i'm kind of regretting it. I refuse to pay Comcast rental fee for something I can buy and manage myself haha.

Message 7 of 9
lsimanek
Initiate

I agree - I have had nothing but problems with this unit... Reboots by itself and various other issues with bandwidth.  Plugged directly in and wifi.  Just not happy with this all in one unit... Will never make that mistake again..

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you checked with the ISP to ensure the signal and quality of there service is to spec up to the modem? 

Ensure no coax line splitters in between the ISP service box and the modem?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed? 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

@lsimanek wrote:

I agree - I have had nothing but problems with this unit... Reboots by itself and various other issues with bandwidth.  Plugged directly in and wifi.  Just not happy with this all in one unit... Will never make that mistake again..

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7