Initiate

C7000V2 modem needs frequent reseting

Greetings,

We have a Netgear Nighthawk C7000 v2 router purchased in August 2018. In the last month or two our wifi speeds slowly fizzle out over and hour or two to practically nothing. When I unplug the power for 15 seconds or so to reset power, the wifi velocities pick up again to normal. I cannot find a firmware upgrade for this router or any information that I need one. Interestingly, about the time this started, I received some emails from Netgear pitching new routers. The c7000v2 is not even two years old, is it out of date already?

If anyone has found a solution to this problem, I'd appreciate it. I see Netgear AX6 AX4300 wifi6 router this week at Costco—Would purchasing this router fix my problem.

Thank you.

Pat Pringle

Message 1 of 2
Guru

Re: C7000V2 modem needs frequent reseting

Are your test speeds wired or wireless?

Does this effect all wired and wireless devices? 

The C series you have is a gateway modem thus a modem with built in router and wifi. Since this is a cable modem, all ISP push FW updates to these modems. NG doesn't have FW that users can manually install. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

The AX you are looking is a wifi router only. it requires a ISP modem or ONT to connect to the internet services. 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.16.22
RBK50 v2.7.2.102
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements