Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000V2 trying turn on built-in VPN

ldjessup
Aspirant

C7000V2 trying turn on built-in VPN

Figured out how to turn on built in VPN, but Amazon would not run.  Turned it off without taking any notes and now would like to turn it back on and can't remember where the softwarre switch is located in setup.  Seemed simple when I first turned in on/off, but can't get back there.  Would also like to use it for everything except streaming Amazon fire.  Any suggestions?

On an iMac with latest OS.  Router is up to date.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: C7000V2 trying turn on built-in VPN

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Is there any information in the user manual about configuring VPN? 

@ldjessup wrote:

Figured out how to turn on built in VPN, but Amazon would not run.  Turned it off without taking any notes and now would like to turn it back on and can't remember where the softwarre switch is located in setup.  Seemed simple when I first turned in on/off, but can't get back there.  Would also like to use it for everything except streaming Amazon fire.  Any suggestions?

On an iMac with latest OS.  Router is up to date.

Message 3 of 5
ldjessup
Aspirant

The best way to do VPN if the router is not capable if you are using an Amazon Firestick is to install the software for vpn on the firestick.  There is no way that I can find to use vpn on the modem/router.  Really fairly simple and so far works like a champ.  Turning on/off takes a little effort, but worthit when you need it.

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter, A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank for letting us know. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7