Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v bad connection & it says my product already registered

N1njag0ne
Follower

C7000v bad connection & it says my product already registered

I purchased modem because I wanted to save money instead of paying 14 dollars a month, plus I thought it will improve the speeds I was having issues with my providers modem, i am getting worse speeds with new modem + it says my product is already registered. tried calling support twice waited on the line 20 mins each time with no luck...I feel like this might of been the wrong move specially after seeing how much support costs after 90 day free trial. Wow GG to ps4 gaming, I might as well cancel internet, and return this modem...and play on phones hotspot.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: C7000v bad connection & it says my product already registered

1. What speeds do you pay for? 

2. What speeds do you get hardwired to the modem? 

3. Log into the c7000 and take a screen snip of your modems cable connection page and the logs. That can help check connection back to isp. 

4. If you have any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in your coax line, remove them. They can cause issues with signal.

One thing that many don't realize is the C7000 is a docsis 3.0 modem/router. Many isps are conneting a docsis 3.1 modem/router because they have the ofdma channels. They're a little more tolerant of power issues and they have higher bandwidth. I'm saying that because if there's issues with a signal, the docsis 3.1 device will perform better 

Message 2 of 3
RJK1000
Tutor

Re: C7000v bad connection & it says my product already registered

Hi,

Not sure it this will help.

I just purchased a Netgear modem and it worked right out of the box.

My speeds were worse than my old modem. Like 10x slower. Made no sense.

I had to call my ISP and have them add the new modem to the network.

Once I did that the speeds were as fast as expected.

Have you tried that?
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7