Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000v2 Intermittent connection with Genie and Nighthawk Apps

jrmutley
Aspirant

C7000v2 Intermittent connection with Genie and Nighthawk Apps

I've had the C7000V2 for a month or so now. In general it works fine. However, I've had an annoying issue. If this gateway has been running for a few days, and I try to connect to it using the Nighthawk app on my iphone, the Genie app on my laptop, or even typing in the web address on a browser, it won't.

When this happens, I'm still connected to the internet. As a matter of fact, I'm watching YouTube TV on my Roku right now. I just can't connect via any of the above management tools. Rebooting temporarily fixes the issue. But, it isn't a permanent fix.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

how often do you see it?

what is the error on the NightHawk app?

Does your phone have another SSID saved? 

Are you sure it is still connected to C7000v2 when you see the error? 

Message 3 of 5
jrmutley
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. To be clear, this occurs regardless of how I try to access the admin interface (Nighthawk on iOS, Genie on laptop, or typing the IP address into my web browser). Each method regularly fails.

Since I don't really need to access the admin tools very often, I really don't know the frequency. I just know that more often than not, when I do attempt to connect, it won't let me. This gateway is pretty new. So, I am probably accessing those tools more often than the normal user. That is especially now, since I want to test if it is still working or not. The last time I rebooted my router was a couple of days ago. I've been able to access the admin interface since then. But, experience tells me that this probably won't last.

I forget exaclty what error the Nighthawk app gives. But, it is clearly not connecting. Eventually it gives up and gives me a button to try again. The next time that it occurs, I'll take a screen shot.

I have both of my SSID's saved on my phone. I've tried launching the app on both. Neither SSID allows the app to connect.

Yes, I am positive that I am connected to the C7000v2 when this occurs. I know that it is still running and connected to the internet because we stream all of our TV through two Rokus (one wired and one wireless). The Rokus would not be working if the gateway wasn't up. I am also able to use the internet on my laptop when this occurs (the same laptop that won't conect using the genie app or a web browser). Internet works fine but I can't connect to the admin interface.

Message 4 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

pls capture the error when you see it next time.

thanks for your detailed response. 

If you are up for it, We would like to debug with you.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7