Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 PS5 Online not working due to NAT TYPE 3

FragmentedDusk
Follower

C7000v2 PS5 Online not working due to NAT TYPE 3

I recently purchased my PS5. The online features all seem to be not working. I have called Sony who suggested port forwarding which I have already done. This did not fix my issue. I contacted my ISP who couldn't do anything due to me providing my own router. Next I call netgear and since I purchased this device less than a year ago I don't get support from the company anymore. Fantastic! So has anyone else ran into this issue? Whenever I try to add a game to my library, download a game, or veiw a sub menu for any online componants I get an error message saying "Something went wrong" or just a blank background with nothing else loading. Playstation Support believes it to be an NAT Type compatibility issue. Currently my system is showing up as having a NAT Type 3 connection. 

I know it is not the internet connection itself as all my other devices are working fine and the built in connection testing on the PS5 shows the same 250mbps download and 20mbps upload speeds I get on the other devices.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: C7000v2 PS5 Online not working due to NAT TYPE 3

Message 2 of 6
Whootz
Aspirant

Has anyone found an answer for this yet I’m having the same issue.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have a C7000 modem? 

@Whootz wrote:
Has anyone found an answer for this yet I’m having the same issue.

Message 4 of 6
fastgamer
Aspirant

Nobody gives a damn about us.

All I could do was port triggering... which was somewhere under advanced. That temporarily made it NAT 2. But when ip of PS changes, you must update accordingly, restart router AND PS.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Set an IP address reservation for the PS ON the modem and this will prevent the IP address from changing...

@fastgamer wrote:
Nobody gives a damn about us.

All I could do was port triggering... which was somewhere under advanced. That temporarily made it NAT 2. But when ip of PS changes, you must update accordingly, restart router AND PS.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7