Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 Unable to display router webpage after some time

jmartinezmp
Aspirant

C7000v2 Unable to display router webpage after some time

After some random time (24 hours+), I am no longer able to connect to the router via the web browser (10.0.0.1).

As a workaround, I need to restart the router. I am then able to make the necessary adjustments I need. But again after some time, if I need to login again let's say to disable a particular port forwarding rule, I'm unable to connect to the router. I just receive a time out.

I think I noticed this issue during my first days last year, but just didn't mind at the time. But now that I'm working on something this month, this issue is quite terrible especially when I'm on a VPN session and restarting the router is not an option.

Please advise.

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: C7000v2 Unable to display router webpage after some time

How frequently is this happening?

When it happens, can you ping the combo device?

Does the internet still work when this issue happens?

Have you tried a different browser when it happens?

What firmware is it on?

You could try doing a factory reset and set it back up from there. Hold reset for 7-10 seconds. 

You can backup your configuration and re-use this or hold off and do it the manual way. Helps to reduce chances of an errant setting causing the issue. 

Message 2 of 10
jmartinezmp
Aspirant

Hello, see answers below:

How frequently is this happening?

Always. Every time I need to return to the router to adjust something, I need to restart it.

When it happens, can you ping the combo device?

Yes.

Does the internet still work when this issue happens?

Yes. Everything else is fine.

Have you tried a different browser when it happens?

Yes. IE/Chrome/Firefox.

What firmware is it on?

I'll get back to you on that one later tonight or tomorrow.

You could try doing a factory reset and set it back up from there. Hold reset for 7-10 seconds.

Answer: I'll reach out to Comcast (oh dear...) as they are the ones that manage the ISP setup and I don't want to risk too much downtime. But I do recall that we attempted this before, yet problem persisted.

You can backup your configuration and re-use this or hold off and do it the manual way. Helps to reduce chances of an errant setting causing the issue.

The first configuration was to add Comcast as ISP. After a few days, I tried to login again to add my port forwarding and additional setup, but encountered the issue for the first time. Perhaps it's an issue with Comcast's own firmware or something. I  think they manage their own.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the C7000 running in modem mode or gateway mode. If gateway, the default IP address maybe 192.168.0.1 or .1.1. If modem mode, then the web page would be at 192.168.100.1. 

Reset the C7000 and setup from scratch and use default settings to access the modems web page. 

Message 4 of 10
jmartinezmp
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

2019-05-05, Comcast: They do not manage the router, only need to know the MAC address to send the signal. They do not have their own firmware (however, I do recall they did something about firmware during the initial install, but can't remember what it was).

Netgear, C7000v2, Firmware version 1.02.14.

I don't see any firmware download page for the product. I was able to find the Genie software for my computer, so I'll start getting used to it. Any newer firmware?

I have now restarted the router. If it becomes unresponsive again via web browser, I'll try the Genie software. Then the next step will be to factory default.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

ISP handle ALL FW on cable modems. NG provides FW as needed or as updates come out from NG directly to the ISP for further testing then the ISP pushes, if any to cable modems.

Let us know how the factory reset and setup from scratch goes. Try Different browsers. IE11, FF or Opera.

Message 6 of 10
jmartinezmp
Aspirant

Hello everyone,

So, the issue returned as of this morning... about exactly 7 days after I restarted the router.

When I try to access the router via the browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome), there's just an never ending "Waiting for 10.0.0.1..." status and doesn't even timeout. See attached "2019-05-12_Netgear_Router_Web Access Issue.JPG" file.

I didn't do any modifications to the router since the last restart on 05/05. I simply restarted it, and saved a backup of the configuration. During the following days, I simply opened the browser and was able to login and logout for testing purposes. Today, I was about to do the same but encounter the issue.

I'm now going to default, then I'll update this case again next weekend.

Please let me know if you've seen this issue before.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the modem and setup from scratch. Be sure to use default IP address settings. Don't change them. Set up your wifi SSID and PW. Default IP address for C modems web page should be http://routerlogin.net or http://192.168.0.1.

Message 8 of 10
jmartinezmp
Aspirant

Hello Everyone. Just to update this thread.

It's been over 2 weeks now that I defaulted the router and used the basic configuration (kept the 192.168.0.1/24 instead of my usual 10.0.0.1/24 network). Simply set WiFi password. No port-forwarding, etc... I just managed without it.

I can no longer reproduce the problem, at least for now.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@jmartinezmp wrote:

Hello Everyone. Just to update this thread.

It's been over 2 weeks now that I defaulted the router and used the basic configuration (kept the 192.168.0.1/24 instead of my usual 10.0.0.1/24 network). Simply set WiFi password. No port-forwarding, etc... I just managed without it.

I can no longer reproduce the problem, at least for now.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7