Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 and google wifi: How do I get more than 1 LAN port to work when in bridge mode?

nightflyer
Aspirant

C7000v2 and google wifi: How do I get more than 1 LAN port to work when in bridge mode?

i currently have 3 of the 4 lan ports on the c7000 used with 2 remote bridges and a security camera hard drive.  Plugging in a google wifi would use the 4th port.  When i did that with my existing network, I of course ended up with two local networks in my house, which google says slows down the google wifi and is not the best solution.  To get the google wifi to work, I unplugged everything except my computer, which is connected through a remote bridge and disabled the wifi, then put it into bridge mode, disconnected my computed from the routed, rebotted the router and plugged in my google wifi.  All worked well.  I then plugged in my camera and 2 other bridges.  All worked well for about 3 hours.  Then i lost everything.  by experimenting, i discovered that the router would only support one lan connection in bridged mode.  I tried to connect just one bridge into the c7000 and run everything, including the google wifi from that bridge, but nothing worked and no internet, wireless or wired.  SO, the question is, how do i get more than one lan connection to work, since it seems netgear just supports one in bridged mode and google wifi only has one connection also???  I really need the bridge as I have multiple network connections in my office which ae not co-located with the router.  I am using an IMAC on the latest Mojave software and comcast xfinity 250MB internet

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
nightflyer
Aspirant

Re: C7000v2 and google wifi: How do I get more than 1 LAN port to work when in bridge mode?

Yes, that is the answer.  I plugged the Google WIFI into 1 port of the C7000v2.  I then plugged a switch into the 1 port of the Google Wifi.  I was then able to plug in as many other Lan connections as I needed and everything worked fine.  Still not happy with the strength of the overall Google wifi signal.  I have 250 MG coming into the house and have played with all sorts of placement.  The only way really get speed is to have these plugged into wired Lan connections, which could not do everywhere.  I could get 110 MG or so but not even close to 250.  I finally returned the whole mess as I was aleady getting 100 MG farely well in most places in the house with the existing router, without Google WIFI.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C7000v2 and google wifi: How do I get more than 1 LAN port to work when in bridge mode?

You may just need a simple switch to solve this issue if you are needing more Lan ports.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
nightflyer
Aspirant

Yes, that is the answer.  I plugged the Google WIFI into 1 port of the C7000v2.  I then plugged a switch into the 1 port of the Google Wifi.  I was then able to plug in as many other Lan connections as I needed and everything worked fine.  Still not happy with the strength of the overall Google wifi signal.  I have 250 MG coming into the house and have played with all sorts of placement.  The only way really get speed is to have these plugged into wired Lan connections, which could not do everywhere.  I could get 110 MG or so but not even close to 250.  I finally returned the whole mess as I was aleady getting 100 MG farely well in most places in the house with the existing router, without Google WIFI.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7