Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 can't connect to router IP, redirected to www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/

MvnParts
Aspirant

C7000v2 can't connect to router IP, redirected to www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/

Have had this cable modem/router for two years. Until recently always used the IP address in a browser (on a PC connected to router ethernet port) to login as admin and manage home network. Now every time it redirects to https://www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/ and provides a guided assistance page. Tried it, none of the suggestions work. 

Wifi is up, my laptop and tablet can access, but for some reason my Android phone cannot connect since 2 days ago.

I don't understand why this redirection takes place

Also tried the Nighthawk app with the correct admin password and it fails to login.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000v2 can't connect to router IP, redirected to www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/

What IP address are you using in a web browser? 192.168.#.1? or 192.168.100.1? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Might try a factory reset and setup from scratch on the modem...

Message 2 of 5
MvnParts
Aspirant

Re: C7000v2 can't connect to router IP, redirected to www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/

Thanks for responding.

router's IP is 192.168.#.1

I don't know firmware since I can't login.

yes, factory reset came to mind.

I'd still like to know why this redirect happens (if that's the right term) and how to prevent it.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If it's the screen i'm thinking of, at the very bottom of this first setup page, do you see something referring to a link that meantions using an alternative way to set up the router? Should be something at the very bottom fo the page in text say to select here if you don't have the NH app...

Message 4 of 5
antinode
Guru

> router's IP is 192.168.#.1

You're allowed to reveal what you actually used.

Did you try "192.168.100.1"?

> I'd still like to know why this redirect happens (if that's the right
> term) and how to prevent it.

At a distance, it's tough to guess exactly why.  If your browser (or
lame Netgear firmware, or something else) does a reverse
(number-to-name) look-up for "192.168.0.1", and then uses the resulting
name, it can defeat your attempt to bypass DNS problems by using the IP
address.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/2010967

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies