Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000v2 connection to knighthawk app firmware error

Dj_RicklePick
Aspirant

C7000v2 connection to knighthawk app firmware error

I was looking into buying a newer modem router combo because we stream on twitch and game a lot and i want to have a stronger connection. But i came across the knighthawk app... so after I installed it, i tried connecting and it says my router firmware needs an update, i checked the firmware is V1.02.09 which is up to date for spectrum. Id like to mess around with the app but it wont even let me connect because of that. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or am i just wasting my time and should just upgrade to a better model? Any suggestions on what model is better for gamers and streamers? I have spectrum 400mbps (my ONLY choice for where i live)
Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

the app has much less data/settings changes available than the browser. I'd stick with the browser. 

with your 400mbps, what upload do you have? Twitch is sensitive to upload speeds. 

And what actual tested speeds do you get hardwired in for both upload/download. 

Are you doing the switch setup over wireless? over wired?

do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs? That lets us check your connection to the isp .

Message 2 of 5
Dj_RicklePick
Aspirant

im supposed to have 400 down and 20 up

wifi (5g) is typically 12 down and 22 up

ethernet is about 13 down and 5 up

i have computers on wifi and xboxs on ethernet, but no matter what, everything can change in a second. for example, downloading a game.. one second itll be at 160 mbps, then it will drop to 7 mbps, then jump up to 300, then back ect ect... i understand that spectrum is garbage but unfortinatly i have no options because of where i live.

I'm currently renovating my gaming room and building a new pc so i will be running a cat7 ethernet from the modem, through the walls to an ethernet switch that will be connected to 5 devices in that room.( 2 pcs,2 xboxs, and a laptop) im trying my best to maximize performance in any way i can.

i attached the pic of the cable connections for you

but now i got another question.... why cant i log in to routerlogin.net from my laptop? it says im not connected to my router.... I WOULDNT BE SENDING THIS IF I WASNT.... *sigh* i think it might just be time to get a stronger modem/router combo

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Try logging in through 192.168.100.1

Your cable connections show a lot of errors in the line. If you have any coax splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in line, remove them. 

Check the coax for kinks, damage, moisture in the line, bad/old/cheap connectros, or loose connectors. 

if that doesn't help, have the ISP check the line. 

Message 4 of 5
Dj_RicklePick
Aspirant

i actually had someone cut the line running to my house this past year, and when they came to replace it they said it was the brand new line they are installing for 1g networks, so i know the line in is new and high quality. i also called spectrum to have them figure out why my internet was so slow and they sent someone to the house, he claimed the coax cable had a bad end and replaced it. Unfortunately ill have to attempt to locate where it runs and see if i have any issues along the line at all.

the only things plugged into the modem is 2 xboxs, a phone signal enhancer, and a tv.. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7