Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 no internet connection after power cycling

Gringy
Aspirant

C7000v2 no internet connection after power cycling

Hello... I sure hope the community can help me. My c7000v2 usually runs 24/7 no issues, that is if it doesn’t loose power.
Spring cleaning, a power outage, or I just want to power cycle the thing cause it’s always been so dang hot 🥵 . If and when the power is switch off for this device, upon powering it back up I will not have internet connection for many hours, all light come on, WiFi reestablishes, just no internet. I’ve gotten used to having to leave it unplugged for many hours as that seems the only solution. If I leave unplugged for and hour or two when plugged back in I will not have internet connection. It absolutely has to be 3-4 hours plus over night is best. I’m pulling my hair out cause now it’s out of warranty Bit it’s been this way out of the box.
Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7000v2 no internet connection after power cycling

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Please a USB laptop fan cooler under the modem...I have one under mine.

Message 2 of 3
Gringy
Aspirant

Re: C7000v2 no internet connection after power cycling

So if and when I contact my ISP they have stated that there is a service outage in my area and it’s being worked. This is a running joke for me as every single time I call them they report that to me. Rumor, from my neighbor is our neighborhood node needs updated or the isp has sold service to more customers than the node can actually handle. So basically I get no serious help from them as they don’t wanna do anything like you have suggested they check as the call center just reports that they know of the issue and it’s being worked on 🤪. My internet seems fine though I only have issues like I said when I power off my modem and that’s really it.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7