Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000v2 - no internet or wifi

Fighter31
Aspirant

C7000v2 - no internet or wifi

Good evening,

Last night my C7000v2 started acting up on me. I’ve had absolutely no issues until now. Some background:

It started with my TV yesterday (Samsung) losing internet connection and being unable to receive internet (while still being able to find the wifi network). Then my phone lost it as well, with the same issue. My PC, however, still had internet via Ethernet. My first step was to unplug it, then plug it in after 30 seconds. That didn’t work, and it was late so I gave up. This morning through afternoon, I had both a good wifi and Ethernet connection on my phone and PC. When I got home from work tonight, I have no internet connectivity on anything. I’ve tried resets with everything unplugged, a factory reset, and I also cannot access my router, even with the PC which has an Ethernet connection. After doing a unplug reboot, I do initially get internet for about 30 seconds, at which point it just disconnects (both PC and WIFI). At the moment all lights on the front are green, while the downlink lights is flashing green. I’m not sure where to go from here, since my router is saying it has internet, but it’s simply not giving me anything.

Any advice would be great! Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Your logs are indicating an issue with the line. And your power is out of spec. 

For downstream, you should be within 3.5dbmv of each channel. You're going from -9 to 1.1. so over a 10dbmv difference. 

You don't have any errors listed but it means something in the line has issues. couple that with the errors in the event logs and you need to check your lines. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line. Replace any that might be suspect. 
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
Fighter31
Aspirant

Quick update: after the last reboot, my PC (ethernet) connected fine. It seems that when I try to use my smart TV on the network, it messes with the entire router. What could I do to fix this issue?

Message 2 of 7

@Fighter31 wrote:

It seems that when I try to use my smart TV on the network, it messes with the entire router. What could I do to fix this issue?

Which issue in particular? Getting the TV to work?

Hard to know without knowing more about the TV and how it is connected to your Internet, wired or wifi.

Connecting a TV to the network is usually best done through the TV's controls and set up routine. The router rarely does much more than spit out the wifi signal. It is then down to the TV to do its thing.

Where possible, it is usually easier to use a wired connection from the router to the TV. It is easier to set up and less likely to fall over. If you can't run Ethernet cables around the place, you could look into Powerline Ethernet. It turns your mains wiring into an Ethernet circuit.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs? 

That lets us help check the lines. If the wifi is connecting but not working, we need to make sure its getting a good signal from the ISP. 

Message 4 of 7
Fighter31
Aspirant

Thank you both for the responses. To answer the first set of questions, the problem does inherently lie with my TV connection. That being said, when I try to use my TV (just simply turning it on), it causes the router to stop putting out internet to all devices connected to it, whether on wireless or wired. I have been using the standard setup to connect to the network on my TV, which has worked great until recently.

I will attach the screen snips as requested. If there's something more I can add, please let me know. Thank you!

It only let me attach one file, so I threw them into a PDF. 

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Your logs are indicating an issue with the line. And your power is out of spec. 

For downstream, you should be within 3.5dbmv of each channel. You're going from -9 to 1.1. so over a 10dbmv difference. 

You don't have any errors listed but it means something in the line has issues. couple that with the errors in the event logs and you need to check your lines. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line. Replace any that might be suspect. 
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 6 of 7
Fighter31
Aspirant

Sorry for the long delay. It started working 2 days after posting this without issue. Something tells me my provider may have had something to do with it (COX in Virginia Beach area).

Thank you again for your time!

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7